PDA

View Full Version : PAB COM Alarm

doggydoc10
08.05.2015, 16:34
Have a general question for GHL brass. Past couple of days I have been getting random PAB COM alarms. They only last for less than a minute. And they even reset on their own. Not even enough time for SMS unit to recognize and send me an alarm message.
I triple checked all the PAB cables to be sure hey are secure and so far I can't see any issues with them.
Any ideas?

Always at Sea

GHL Support
12.05.2015, 08:27
Without any information about the used PAB devices, connection order, firmware versions, settings ... it is difficult to answer.

diverdutch
13.05.2015, 03:17
Gents I have acactly the same issue.... I get a PABCOM error for a few seconds and automatically resets? Did pAB resets and assigned devices and cable swab as replacing all 3 pab cables with new ones, but it still continues?

I'm having the following: 2x powerbar 6 pAB +1x profilux though. I'm running latest pAB firmware 1.08 and 1.05, and profilux 6.14. The connection order 1e powerbar is directly pluged to profilux 1st pAB port and 2nd powerbar is cascaded from 1st powerbar. De profilux though is directly connected to 2nd port in profilux.

What I manage to see its the cascade (2nd powerbar) that trickers the PABCOM alarm as when this device disappears shortly from list PAB devices.

Please see what you can do and determine if this problem is a bug or the issue is in my side.. as I'm traveling within days a early response would be appreciated...

doggydoc10
13.05.2015, 04:10
I ended up removing PAB cable by cable and determined it was a PAB cable that was attached to my P3 PAB. So I disconnected it and connected to another empty PAB. So far No PAB alarm....just my .02cents

Always at Sea

diverdutch
13.05.2015, 06:41
I determined the problem for me too... as stated I have 2 powerbars connected on 1st pab port on profilux (2nd powerbar cascaded from the spare pab port on 1st powerbar).
The moment I connect the 2nd powerbar directly on the 2nd pab port on Profilux the alarm is gone.

However as both pab ports on profilux are now occupied I need to connect the profilux touch through one of the cascading pab ports on one of the two powerbars. The moment I do this the PAB ALARM returns on/off ?
So I think it has something to do with the pab signal not communicating constant when cascading from a pab device instead of profilux directly?

However by connecting both powerbars directly too pab ports on profilux at least now when an alarm is generated it effects only the profilux tough which is not a critical element in the system, but still I would like to see GHL's input on resolving it...

doggydoc10
13.05.2015, 13:19
I determined the problem for me too... as stated I have 2 powerbars connected on 1st pab port on profilux (2nd powerbar cascaded from the spare pab port on 1st powerbar).
The moment I connect the 2nd powerbar directly on the 2nd pab port on Profilux the alarm is gone.

However as both pab ports on profilux are now occupied I need to connect the profilux touch through one of the cascading pab ports on one of the two powerbars. The moment I do this the PAB ALARM returns on/off ?
So I think it has something to do with the pab signal not communicating constant when cascading from a pab device instead of profilux directly?

However by connecting both powerbars directly too pab ports on profilux at least now when an alarm is generated it effects only the profilux tough which is not a critical element in the system, but still I would like to see GHL's input on resolving it...

Same here!

Always at Sea

Artur
26.05.2015, 09:03
Hello,

we tried to reproduce this but we found no problems.
Is there any pattern when this alarm appears?

doggydoc10
27.05.2015, 14:30
I guess a better question is:
What can make a PabCom alarm to go off? If all PAB cables are connected properly to P3 what are the possible reasons why PABCOM alarm will go off?

Always at Sea

doggydoc10
03.06.2015, 14:56
Still having the same issues. I have narrowed it down to my Exp box. Once I unplug power cord from the EXP box and plug back again, alarm goes away and unit goes back to regular status. But this only last tops 24 hours.
I need to figure this in order to avoid further issues.
Thank you

Always at Sea

Matthias
03.06.2015, 15:58
hm, it should be vice versa

ProfiLux monitors if all assigned devices are still alive, when you remove (unplug) the EXB ProfiLux would detect a timeout and this would give a PAB error

question: is the EXB assigned properly? I guess so otherwise you would not have the readings from the EXB, right?

doggydoc10
03.06.2015, 16:07
To explain myself better. Profilux sends an alarm:
PAB COM...
I unplug power from EXP Box
Wait 2 minutes.
Plug EXP box power on again
Alarm goes away.
Exp Box has been working perfectly fine. Assigned and monitoring without a problem for 6+ months.

Always at Sea

doggydoc10
03.06.2015, 16:11
I have narrowed down alarm PAB COM to EXP Box. Reason I know this : see SMS report below
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/03/b8d64d4505e412713841257b4cc50b07.jpg
Only thing connected to my EXP Box at this point is my pH 2 probe that goes to Ca reactor.
Please advise

Always at Sea

Matthias
03.06.2015, 16:56
ok, if this alarm shows up again, could you try following (without reseting before)

on ProfiLux menu: PAB->assign devices

is the EXB shown in the list?

cancel the assignment process at this point

doggydoc10
03.06.2015, 17:29
Will do
Thank you Matthias.
Will report back whenever it happens.

Always at Sea

doggydoc10
04.06.2015, 22:31
Ok. Happened again today.
On Profilux menu--pab devices
And EXB does not show in the list...😁

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/04/eca1a0a2cd65aed3a61a597d14b0c773.jpg
Actually none of my PAB bars show up in menu!!!!
Please help

Thanks for any input Matthias

Always at Sea

Matthias
05.06.2015, 08:57
2 questions:

- are the powerbars behind the EXB (seen from P3)?
- do the PB work (switch) anyway?

Matthias
05.06.2015, 08:58
the Touch and SMS - are they in the same PAB line?

before or after EXB?

doggydoc10
05.06.2015, 12:07
Touch is connected to P3
SMS is connected to P3
EXB is connected to SMS unit.
Then all power bar from there.
One digital power bar is connected to P3. All other PAB connected in line from either vortech controller or SMS.
I have not been able to check if PB switch works.
This is getting to be a major issue. Once PB goes off line, my entire system stops.
Thanks for all your help Matthias.
PB

Always at Sea

doggydoc10
05.06.2015, 12:11
And to be more precise the email that I get when alarms goes off says
"PABCOM S"
Not sure what the S stands for...
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/05/a9052546f6da792ed48e0ddf0158cc32.jpg

Always at Sea

doggydoc10
05.06.2015, 12:34
Another interesting note...
After checking my system realized that on GHL Control all my SMS settings were blank including SMS inputs!
Had to recover from back up

Always at Sea

doggydoc10
05.06.2015, 19:26
Bump before weekend comes!

Always at Sea

Matthias
06.06.2015, 07:44
this needs to be solved in 2nd level support, makes no sense to continue here

-> direct support from now on