PDA

View Full Version : Mitras 6200 connection problem

enzo0000
17.04.2015, 17:33
I can only get 2 of my 3 light to connect to the GHL Control Center. Can someone help please.

If I want to make one a master and the others slaves, will the 1 that will not connect be able to receive my lighting schedule?

I wanted to have 1 light on a different schedule.

thx all

doggydoc10
17.04.2015, 18:55
I believe you have to make the Profilux master and Mitras slaves.

Always at Sea

enzo0000
17.04.2015, 19:22
I don't use a profilux. I need to know why my 3rd unit will not connect to the control center

enzo0000
18.04.2015, 13:30
Anyone?

T rose
19.04.2015, 03:06
Anyone?

Just a quick thought, not really experiences in these matters as I just got my set and used them!

Have you tried setting up the unit you want an a separate function as a standalone on the control panel of the Mitras itself? As I found none of the slaves will respond only the master?

enzo0000
20.04.2015, 15:02
I don't think you can setup a lighting schedule from the panel on the light itself.

Anyone else....

anyone know how we can get support for these lights????

Artur
20.04.2015, 15:43
I can only get 2 of my 3 light to connect to the GHL Control Center. Can someone help please.
You need a USB cable for the connection between the GHL Control Center and Mitras.
If you can connect two of your Mitras with the USB cable and the third not, it seems the third is faulty and you should contact your retailer.

If I want to make one a master and the others slaves, will the 1 that will not connect be able to receive my lighting schedule?
IF you change it to slave directly on the lamp it should receive the master signal.

enzo0000
20.04.2015, 18:36
If you can connect two of your Mitras with the USB cable and the third not, it seems the third is faulty and you should contact your retailer.

I purchased them at different times to 'build' up the equipment needed to start the 180, this has been a long process and I couldn't start it until I purchased my house. I'd say i've had them about a year give or take. I plugged it in when I got it to make sure it worked, which it did (did not plug it in to the computer though). Since then it has been sitting in my closet in the original box. The retailer is now closed, but it was a special order from your rep in Canada then shipped to Houston. What are my options now?

Artur
21.04.2015, 08:38
Since then it has been sitting in my closet in the original box.
OK then make sure the USB cable is Ok, use the same cable for all three Mitras.
Change the connection of the Mitras in the GHL Control Center like this:
and try to connect all three Mitras.

The last thing you can do is to check your device manger (http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm).
If you connect the Mitras one by one with the USB cable to your PC, you should see a device with the name "GHL Virtual Communications Port" for each Mitras.

If you still can't connect the third Mitras and you don't see the "GHL Virtual Communications Port" device in the device manager for the third Mitras, it is possible that the Mitras is faulty.
You can contact Michael Hall (info@ghlna.com) in Canada or info@ghl-kl.de here in Germany.

enzo0000
21.04.2015, 20:46
I will try using the same USB cord, I used the USB cord that came with each light because I did 1 light at a time and then packed them back up. All connections to GHL Control Center were set to 'AUTO'.

I'll also check to see if "GHL Virtual Communications Port" is showing up for the lights. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for helping.

enzo0000
23.04.2015, 14:06
I installed the GHL Control Center on my desktop and it worked. I set that 1 unit up as a slave and made sure my lighting program was downloaded to the lamp. Still don't know why it's not working on my laptop. I'm just glad its not the light. Thx for your help.