Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KH Director not giving me a dkh reading

pump 2 filling level is still zero

and again:
    and please deactivate "alarm monitoring" until we found the reason for your issue, maybe there is also another message displayed in the status field
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Still the same, seems to go through the motions of a test but never gives a reading?

Hm, it becomes difficult.

1. please deactivate alarm monitoring (uncheck both options)
    2. tell me what the status field shows AFTER this deactivation
    3. show me a NEW screenshot of pump 2

after this is done:
    describe please exactly the measurement cycle
    is it only getting sample water and after that it is IMMEDIATELY drained trough the waste line
    or is there a measurement between? how long? getting sample water should take about 2-3 minutes, draining 2-3 minutes, and the actual measurement process between about 5-10 minutes

if there is no measurement then
    a) there arrives no sample water
    b) the pH electrode calibration was not OK

BTW: the pH-electrode is plugged in the right BNC port, not in the doser BNC, right?

better also post a few pictures of your entire setup, front and rear so I can see all tubes and wiring
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Sorry I took screen print quicker than the GHL software could refresh.Doser2.jpgKH.jpg
    KH.jpg
    Status ok, no alarms ?

then there is only one thing left: the pH-measurement is not correct
    there are a few reasons I could think of, I already mentioned them above

our support team will continue to take care of you tomorrow morning

Quote Originally Posted by Paullewis View Post
    Pump 1 is 34ml/min
    Pump 2 is 4.3ml/min
    Pump 3 is 33ml/min

Still getting 0,0 and alarm error.
    As I also have low values on some pumps, I tell myself that maybe the containers we use to measure the amount of water pump during calibration are not accurate or reliable. Maybe that it would be necessary to provide a reliable and calibratoed containers with Doser2 that guarantees the value of calibrations. As before, KH Director, it was not very important, but with the KH Director, it's very.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmorefun View Post
    As I also have low values on some pumps, I tell myself that maybe the containers we use to measure the amount of water pump during calibration are not accurate or reliable. Maybe that it would be necessary to provide a reliable and calibratoed containers with Doser2 that guarantees the value of calibrations. As before, KH Director, it was not very important, but with the KH Director, it's very.
    I use a precise letter scale (0.1g resolution) for calibration

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I use a precise letter scale (0.1g resolution) for calibration
    Ok, thank, just bought this: http://www.steinbergsystems.de/de/sbs-lw-50010-ws/

Matthias,

I am having the exact same issue with my KH Director. I have been talking to Vinny@GHL USA about it and just saw this post.

Here is my issue forwarded from my email to Vinny....

Vinny,

Ok, so after getting home and testing things out. Pump 1 on the Dosing unit is no longer seizing up randomly. It’s working fine now.

Here are some pictures of my settings for pumps 5, 6, and 7, for the KHD. Whether I run the KHD as a “timed” measurement or a measurement which I choose the same result happens. The chamber on the KHD flushes, then drains, then fills again… instead of adding KHD reagent here it discharges the chamber and finishes. I don’t get any error codes or messages and the status during the whole process is “Measuring.” Once it finishes discharging the status goes back to “OK.”

khd.pngsample.pngreagent.pngwaste.png

I went back over the instruction manual and I verified everything was correct. All of my dosing pumps, especially the KHD Dosing pump, are Firmware 1.28. I’m stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by reeffever View Post
    Matthias,

I am having the exact same issue with my KH Director. I have been talking to Vinny@GHL USA about it and just saw this post.

Here is my issue forwarded from my email to Vinny....

Vinny,

Ok, so after getting home and testing things out. Pump 1 on the Dosing unit is no longer seizing up randomly. It’s working fine now.

Here are some pictures of my settings for pumps 5, 6, and 7, for the KHD. Whether I run the KHD as a “timed” measurement or a measurement which I choose the same result happens. The chamber on the KHD flushes, then drains, then fills again… instead of adding KHD reagent here it discharges the chamber and finishes. I don’t get any error codes or messages and the status during the whole process is “Measuring.” Once it finishes discharging the status goes back to “OK.”

khd.pngsample.pngreagent.pngwaste.png

I went back over the instruction manual and I verified everything was correct. All of my dosing pumps, especially the KHD Dosing pump, are Firmware 1.28. I’m stumped.

In my haste and exhaustion the last few days I failed to notice that the pH probe was actually connected to the dosing unit. OMG! Bonehead moment!

I am going to connect it correctly and calibrate and see what happens.