Thread: Updating from 5.11 to 6.12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yes you can downgrade the firmware and import your settings again.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

So update to 6.12 the downgrade to ? And import settings, and the n upgrade again ?

No i ment if something went wrong you can downgrade and import them again.
    If you update to firmware 6.12 and import the old settings you have to check all settings by urself, because some of them could be not compatible anymore.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Ok great Artur thanks for the advice

Artur
    I removed the old PC software and loaded GCC onto PC can't connect to Profilux
    So I am trying to use flash tool to install new firmware 6.10 and get a error 06 can't open com port?

I was trying to use usb do I need to use usb to serial adapter for this to work through flash tool? And not usb?

Thanks
    Last edited by muz_zz; 24.01.2015 at 05:51.

You can flash via USB too, but you must set a jumper, see here: http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/do...?do=file&id=48
    "Put the jumper on both pins of JP1."

Did you set the right port in the flasher tool?

Hi Artur

Yes checked more than 5 times com port in device manager unplugged and plugged at least five times to make sure correct environment for flah tool but as soon as you un plug the Profilux it comes up with error 06 cannot open com port.

I am going to go back to his house tomorrow with usb to serial adapter ( that scares me) and try to update to 5.15 then go from there to 6.10.

Any other advice as I felt like a fool not been able to get it to update the firmware after I told him it very easy!!

Artur

Just want to check that this has to be done by flasher tool ?

Or if I do the jumpers I can do via USB?

Usb I have never had any failures from and would prefer to do,it this way but if have to use flasher tool I will.

Just usb to serial so unreliable I once used to tune my car and always dropped put so updated ECu for car to a better brand that run usb never had a dropout since

Thanks
    Last edited by muz_zz; 24.01.2015 at 12:13.