Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI Lighting

Default AI Lighting

Matthias, Will we be able to operate AI lights on other Ill. Channels besides 7/8. I asked this in another post. The reason would be to control different lights intensity over different parts of the aquarium. Since you have announced a additional RS232 card this could be possible if the software supports it. Speaking of the new RS232 cards, how many could on add to the Profilux? neil

you can add up to 3x PLM-RS232 to the ProfiLux

different illu. channels for different AI module: this would be a firmware extension, maybe later but not now for version 4.06

Is it possible to put 2 off PLM-RS232 card in the PAB expansion box and run two Aqua SOL lights on totally different profiles, or are we limited to only one profile as this is all i could see in the special lamps area

only the built-in RS232 can be used for AI
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Bugger, then back to plan A to make an AI cable to go through a wall. Any plan to do a firmware upgrade to run it off other RS232 cards.

You can run the serial/AI cable quite far though, I've extended mine to 5M, and it works rock solid.

That is about the distance I have to make the cable and feed it through a double brick wall, I have ordered one and waiting for it to arrive to do a pin out and make a custom one.

Yea, I actually found it much easier to extend the 3.5mm phono end. Can't really get it wrong.
    In the end I actually purchased a screened 3.5mm audio extension just to save the hassle.

AI support is the main reason I went for the Profilux, and so far (only had it live a week or so), it's cracking.

Good luck.

Steve

I prefer to have less weak links in systems, joints are areas there things can go fail. So using extension is an area where salt can get in an can cause issues.

Actually, that's a good point.
    I've had issues with the power input into one of the AI modules I had hung low over a QT. Got very corroded.