Thread: Invalid license code during setup

Default Invalid license code during setup

I have a Profilux plus II and I downloaded the PLC6.0.1.2. When I tried to set up the program, I got an "Invalid license code" error after trying to register. I used the S/N on the bottom of my controller, so I'm not sure why this happened.

Anyone know what I need to do in order to get this to work?

Thanks in advance

that s/n of your p2 has nothing to do with the serial for the software

just fill in your data and then choose free or trail and you will be fine (its still beta and its therefore free)

in the future you will be able to buy serial numbers or still use the free software

Hi Blahenazo

Thanks for the help. I never even thought about that, so I'm glad I asked before spending any more time.

However, I just created another problem. In using PLC6, I tried to update the firmware to v5.06, but failed to complete the upgrade and now I can no longer connect to the controller. I've read about the flash, but is this the only option? I only have laptops, so I don't have readily access to a computer with serial port. I never upgraded from v4.08 because of the hassles I saw with firmware upgrade problems, but over time I forgot about the problems.

Fortunately, the controller is not dead, like I've read in other threads. It seems to be functioning just fine with the my settings still incorporated, but the only problem is that I can't connect to the controller. I tried re-setting up the R232 connection with the PLC4, but it's not seeing the connection.

Hopefully, I don't have any surprises today. If any one has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

I wouldn't really trust the P2 if it has a bad flash (since serial doesn't seem to work anymore )

Therefore I recommend to bite the bullet and procede with the emergency flash methode ( you can emergency flash the V5.06) directly.

its really not that difficult : I flash via the serial cable but with a usb to serial convertor and it always works.

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...-update-failed

just remember to write done all you V4.06 settings since the backup files of 4.XX can't be loaded into the 5.XX and the device will do a factory reset after the update so you will loose all settings while flashing.

Blahenazo - Thanks for your help. I'll try flashing the unit this weekend when I have some more time. In the mean time, I've disconnected my dosing pump in case there are any issues with the P2. This isn't a big deal since I can manually dose for the next few days, but hopefully, the flash goes smoothly.

I tried to flash the controller this past weekend and was unsuccessful. I followed the directions on the firmware flash, installed the jumper, and the controller screen was blank as expected, but during the actual flash I repeatedly got timed out errors. I tried checking my COM ports, but was unsuccessful. Again, I'm using a USB to serial connection, but had problems connecting when first tried a firmware upgrade. I'm wondering if my flash problem could be related to my USB to serial connection problem. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem?

Hopefully, someone has seen this before or can help me out.

Bump

Hopefully someone else has seen this problem before. I may try to see if someone in my area might have a profilux that they can help me flash if there isn't any other way.

Could you make screen shots of you flasher settings. This would help to identify the problem

Hi Frank

I was able to resolve the problem this past weekend, but it involved borrowing a desktop with an RS232 port. After the flash problem, my laptop just wasn't able to detect the controller with a USB-RS232 adapter. As soon as I was able to set up a desktop with the Profilux software, I was able to connect with the controller (via RS232 of course) and flash the controller with the updated firmware. After flashing the controller, I was then able to detect the controller with my laptop again. I've since returned the desktop and have been using the laptop to update all my settings. Without the desktop though, I don't know how I would've fixed the controller. Is there anything that you're aware of I could've done differently to fix the controller detection? I don't know about others, but borrowing a desktop to resolve this type of issue is a big pain in the behind.

Thanks