Thread: Gradually Ramp Versia Flow for re-starts

Default Gradually Ramp Versia Flow for re-starts

What is the best approach to slowly ramp up my Versia Flow 7&9 return pumps after feed/maintenance pauses. With the air in the line after shut down, when they come back on, they blast air bubbles all over the DT. I would prefer to ramp from 0% to 80% over a period of time to allow the air to exit more orderly (and stay at constant 80% after ramp). Seems like this should be doable with these DC pumps, but I’m not sure how to program it.

Apparently this is not as simple as I thought it should be. 144 views on this post and no replies. ??. Posted on R2R as well with no suggestions.

I am thinking that perhaps I could set up a 2nd pump program with wave pattern set for low intensity ~20% and somehow tie that to another virtual switch that would come on at the end of feed|pause for a while instead of the normal high flow.

If feed|pause were on a set timer, then I could probably figure it out. However when I manually trigger a feed pause (when dosing phyto), I need that same routine to trigger somehow.

Any ideas out there? This seems pretty basic, but is stumping me right now...