Thread: ATO and AWC with 2 Optical Sensors

Default ATO and AWC with 2 Optical Sensors

I am wanting to setup my Profilux to perform Auto Top Off as well as Automatic Water Changes.

I previously had my Profilux 3 setup with one optical level sensor (set to Auto Top Off) and a Aqua Medic dosing pump plugged into a socket on my PowerBar. Socket was set for a function of "Fill Water (ATO Only) 1". Things work great, when water dropped below Sensor 1, the socket turned on and the dosing pump filled sump accordingly.

Now I have another optical sensor (yes, and the Y cable), I also have two additional dosing pumps. I have a large tank of pre-mixed salt water, one dosing pump pulls from this tank and dumps new salt water into my sump. I have another dosing pump set to pull water from the sump and dump this old water down the drain. I have manually ran the pumps to determine the time it takes to drain and fill as well as at what level in the sump to place the 2nd level sensor (right below the 1st level sensor)

Now I just need to figure out how to program the Profilux to perform the ATO and AWC. I read some previous posts; however, those were using Profilux 2 and older firmware... Im using Profilux 3.eX and firmware 6.11

Suggestions ?

Thanks

This is my config for Automatic Water change.
    Please let know if you have any comments or suggestions

Profilux AWC.pdf

WOW... Thanks for the information, looks far more complex than mine (or at least I'm still stumped however).

My ATO (RO/DI) tank is a separate 150 gal tank which does not have any sensors and only has a line going to a dosing pump (Pump 1) which fills my sump if Level 1 shows low (currently set to ATO Only)
    My Salt water tank is a 50 gal drum (manually filled with RO/DI and mixed with salt) - this tank also has no sensors and only has a line to a different dosing pump (Pump 2) and into my sump
    Then I have a 3rd dosing pump (Pump 3) which is in my sump and will pull water from sump into house drain

Currently Level 1 (located in my sump) is set to ATO Only, I think I need to change this to ATO and Water Change. Currently when the water level drops below Level 1 Sensor, Pump 1 turns on and tops off (with RO) my sump.

I have a second sensor Level 2 (also located in my sump and set about 2 gallons below Level 1)

My plan is to have it such that once a day (during night) a 2 gallon water change happens. Pump 3 turns on and pulls 2 gallons (down to Level 2 sensor, but no longer than 2 hrs) of old water from sump to the house drain. Once Level-2 sensors sees that the water level in sump is at below its level it would shut off Pump 3 and activate Pump 2 (pump that pulls in new salt water). Pump 2 would fill sump with new salt water until Level-1 sees water at its level (but no longer than 2 hrs) = water change complete.

For some reason, my brain is not grasping just how to set this up in the Profilux... Sorry

Also - Im assuming that by setting Level 1 to ATO and Water Change - they system will NOT try to fill (ATO) while the water change is taking place

What about the operating mode Water change & ATO (see below)?

Water change
    For adjustable times the water is drained off (switchable socket with function Water drain is then switched on) until
    sensor 2 signals theminimum water level. After this, Water drain is switched off and the socket Water fill is switched
    on until the water reaches sensor 1.
    -> Sensor 1 signals, that the tank is full again, sensor 2 indicates when enough water has drained off. Switchable
    socket Water fill switches fresh water supply,Water drain switches the outflow.
    After selection of this operational mode, the timer has to be selected which shall define the time of the water change.
    Please don’t forget to program the selected timer accordingly afterwards (set here switching period to Event
    start, see 5.3 Timer). The water change is then started at the here pre-set times.

Water change & ATO
    Like Water change, additionally socket Water fill and level sensor 1 serve as ATO if there is no water change
    running at that time.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks Carolin

Yes, I looked that section of the manual too and sounds like what I'm looking for.

However, I have a question/concern...

If I have three pumps assigned as follows:
    Pump 1 - Pump pulling in RO water (for ATO)
    Pump 2 - Pump pulling in New Salt water
    Pump 3 - Pump pulling Old salt water out into the drain

In the example given in the manual, I would have 'Water Fill' assigned to Pump 1 as well as Pump 2. I would then have 'Water Drain' assigned to Pump 3.

During a routine Auto Top Off (ATO) event (Level-1 Triggered) - What stops BOTH Pump 1 and Pump 2 from coming on when only Pump 1 is needed for the ATO (and not Pump 2)?

Or under Probe/Sensor Control/Level - Do I create one 'Control Circuit' simply called Auto Top Off (using Level Sensor 1). Then also create a 'Control Circuit' with an Operating Mode of ATO and Water Change (also using Level 1 and Level 2). Then under Socket Functions assign Pump 1 to Fill Water 1 and Pump 2 to Fill Water 2... ? Seems like this should work and allow ATO and AWC to not interfere

Lastly - When setting up a Control Circuit - There is the option for "Max On Time" - is this for the total process (Combined Drain and Fill) ? Is there a way to set a Max Drain Time of X while having a Max Fill Time of Y
    Last edited by balloonpilot; 05.12.2014 at 13:59.

Thanks Everyone

I finally got the ATO and AWC working !

But I do have one more question...

Under level control settings, there is a 'max-run time' or 'max-on time'. If the control is 'ATO & AWC' when performing a AWC is this 'max-on time' setting for a total run time (drain plus fill) or is it a max time for drain, plus the same amount of time for fill ? Is there a way to set a separate time limit for drain and a separate time limit for fill ?

Quote Originally Posted by balloonpilot View Post
    I finally got the ATO and AWC working !?
    That's nice to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by balloonpilot View Post
    is it a max time for drain, plus the same amount of time for fill ?
    That's correct. The time is valid separately for the drain and for the filling.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Carolin,

Is there a way to set separate times for Drain and a different time for Fill ?

Reason Im asking for this is due to the layout of my system (R/O, Salt/new, and my tank) there must be different head pressures and the process of 'draining' 2 gallons of water takes twice the amount of time it takes to 'fill'. It would be nice to be able to set actually 3 different 'max-on time': 1 for ATO, 1 for Drain and 1 for Fill

Cheers

I'm sorry, this function is not availabe. You could post this in the section customer's wishes.

Any way to get Profilux to sense IF a Level-Sensor is NOT plugged in? Recently had my AWC start and did NOT stop draining because that sensor had come unplugged ! And because I have to set a larger timeout (Max On) to accomadate the Fill process, this drain 5x the water out of my tank !

Need Profilux to tell when a sensor is not plugged in, and likewise NOT run the associated even (AWC)

Need Profilux to allow individual timers for Max-On Time