Thread: Flashes occur with connected Aquaray (SunaEco) light bars

Default Flashes occur with connected Aquaray (SunaEco) light bars

Hi,

I have two TMC Aquaray light bars connected to my 6-way powerbar as additional lighting fir my tank. This is connected to a PL3 box (fw 6.06). At a certain moment (might have been after flashing to 6.06) the lights started flashing as if in a thunderstorm, once every 2 minutes. We happen to have (and tried) a spare power unit for the Aquarays from our other aquarium so I am sure it is not the power supply.

The light operate normally when on but when switched off I get this flashing. I have set them up as non-dimmable lamps in PLC. I tried deleting and recreating the illumination schedule as well.

Does anyone have a clue as to why this could be happening? Can a reset my powerbar, or do I need to try something else?

Thanks in advance!
    Frank

Okay, time for a follow-up on this one.

I have been fiddling with this for a long, long time and finally figured out what was going on. My electrical installation is leaking a tiny amount of current, which is causing a small voltage to be present even if it is switched off because a regular switch only disconnects one wire. This is not a Powerbar related issue per sé, it is also on the digital timer I used. This current seems to be charging a capacitor in the power supply which discharges when it is full, causing the flashing of the LED lamps every so many seconds (120 in my case).

To solve this I have purchased a special timer which disconnects both '+' and '-' when switched off and voilà, problem gone.