Thread: Automated download of measurement data to file possible?

Automated download of measurement data to file possible?

I cannot imagine I am the first to ask if there is a possibility to have the measurement data from Profilux downloaded to a file automatically i.o. that tedious manual way!? Just haven't been able to find it

No reply, not even from GHL?

in general it is possible, you can load the file "http://192.168.0.110/sensordata001.txt" (is example, of course use the correct address of your ProfiLux, 001 is the index of the sensor you want to load)

but:

load it from where to where?

in a dedicated web page? with a special self written PC software?

I need more details to give a substantial answer
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks Matthias for your response, you have provided all the info I need!

Purpose: automated downloads of Profilux measurements to Unix environment, some number crunching, combining it with other measurements in my tank setup and providing customised overviews/graphs on daily (weekly or whatever) bases. Inconsistencies in measurements (e.g. pH valve open for x time without expected dpH/dt) will be fed back to Profilux dig inputs to trigger alarms etc...

ah ok

keep in mind that the measurement data file gives you all stored data, not only the new data after your last request
    -> you have to eliminate duplicates
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

keep in mind that the measurement data file gives you all stored data, not only the new data after your last request
    Only as an idea for further development: It would it be helpful (also for the app) to have the possibility to set a limit for download like

Code:
    http://192.168.0.110/sensordata001.txt?limit=10
    This would speed up requests and reduce the workload for the PL

we already reduce the transmitted data using a special command before this request, but this idea is good and may be used in a future version

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    ah ok

Is clear, Matthias.

Can I dl state of switches / illumination etc in a similar way? If yes are filename definitions for those somewhere documented?

there are some json-files

-> have a look at the file system (with ProfiLuxControl), I think the filenames are clear