Thread: Need help establishing external access to Profilux after upgrade

Default Need help establishing external access to Profilux after upgrade

I need help re-connecting my external access to my profilux.

I have the Profilux 3.1 N ex. I had access through the web, and functioning email
    alerts until December. My email provider Yahoo switched to https, so since then I
    lost email access. I still had web access.

When I upgraded the firmware and control software to 6.0.5, I didn't save my
    previous settings - oops.

I can see the profilux webserver in my local network e.g. 192.168.0.222,
    but not from my external ip for example 50.171.....

Also, the email alerts from the profilux are stuck on the machine.
    I have tried port forwarding for ports 80, and 8080 for the webserver, and
    465, and 587 for the email - nothing.

I went through the routers and checked no firewall, no DMZ; but all tried
    ports are stealth, and unresponsive.

To check the ports, I used:

http://canyouseeme.org/

AND

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2

I am sure the problem is on my router side a Netgear WNDR 4300 V1.0.1.42
    I'm hoping someone can provide some guidance? See attachments of Profilux page,
    and router page.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sarath, i think you are missing the part where you need to allow the profilux access through your firewall.
    On my ATT 2wire router, i have to go to the tab that says "Applications, Pinholes and DMZ".
    In there I can choose the Profilux from the list of computers on my home network, and then assign the Profilux Control application to it.

I'm so not network savvy and this is the part that gave me fits when setting it up.

Here's another old thread when Big Al was trying to set up his cisco router.
    http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...t-(router-too)

Oh, and my email alerts are not working anymore, either. ATT Uverse uses yahoo servers for email. These are the settings I was using before and now it no worky.
    The Current SMTP-Server field flashes an ip address for a split second and then goes back to all zeros.

Dennis,

I've looked through my routers and don't see that option, but I'll keep looking.
    I have port forwarding on, so I'm not sure where I messed that part up after the update.

Dennis, I think you need to update the unit's firmware and the computer software to 6.0.5?
    Also, I think the Yahoo's server is now just "mail.yahoo.com"

If you type "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" into a browser I don't think it'll ever connect, but "mail.yahoo.com" does.

I did the above, but don't have email access either.

Change internal start port and internal end port to 80 in port forwarding configuration of your router (in ProfiLux Web).
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Okay DennisO changed the port forwarding back to 80 on the router, and in the ProfiluxControlSoftware 6.0.5.0
    (System, Webserver). I left the name to the default. Still not external access?

Router_forwarding.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansx View Post
    Okay DennisO changed the port forwarding back to 80 on the router, and in the ProfiluxControlSoftware 6.0.5.0
    (System, Webserver). I left the name to the default. Still not external access?

Router_forwarding.JPG
    And you say there is no way with your router to allow access through your firewall to SPECIFIC applications? It may be called something different.
    Is there a tech support number for your router? It may be worth giving them a call and seeing if they have any ideas.