Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kessil A360

I have the blue channel working by using the + and - of the Jack plug. Didn't used the ground. Can't get that other channel working?

Picture of the evg.

Do I need to use the ground of the jack cable to get this thing going?

Not shure what you are doing there, but if you have connected the 1-10V directly to a lamp you should stop that asap. This ports are control ports only. Currents of more than 20mA may destroy the port!

The Kessil has a 1-10V input.

Got it working now.

I'm currently thinking about putting an a360 over my cube. Can you tell me how you got it all working in the end?

Thanks
    Matt

I'm looking at putting a kessil360 on my tank and controlling it with a PIII. I'm looking for a clean instillation. Can anyone who is running kessils do a quick 'how to' and post a couple of pics of the setup?

Really like the idea is a kessil run by a Profilux but before I commit I'd like to make sure it can be done. Will the PIII be able to do cloud simulation, moon, ramp up and down and colour control with the kessil?

Cheers,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ferdydesmet View Post
    The Kessil has a 1-10V input.

Got it working now.
    Try another bump :-)
    How did you get it to work?
    Do anyone know if GHL planning to provide an easier connection solution for the Kessil (a cable like APEX do for Kessil or GHL do for Tunze)? Feels like you see more and more of the Kessil lights (at least in Scandinavia).

You only need this: GHL PL-0067 LBF-AP Anklemmbox für 1-10V-Schnittstellen

The Kessil automatically shut off by 0%. I must set the Voltage to 1.3 V.

greets
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mikelarge View Post
    You only need this: GHL PL-0067 LBF-AP Anklemmbox für 1-10V-Schnittstellen

The Kessil automatically shut off by 0%. I must set the Voltage to 1.3 V.

greets
    Michael
    Thanks Michael!
    I ordered one from my store and will try it out as soon as I get it. I also found some information that might be useful for someone in the future. Keep in mind that I have not tried it out yet, but I think the information is sound. The electric wiring of the phone plug (3,5 mm) for Kessil below:

Tip = Intensity (off, 12-100%)
    Ring = Spectrum/color
    Sleeve = Ground

So translated to the PL-0067 board it should be something like:

Tip to pin 1
    Sleeve to pin 2
    Ring to pin 3
    Sleeve to pin 4

like someone mentioned earlier can we just connect this apex cable to our profilux? also is there a function in the profilux to control the light throughout different times and intensities of the day?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, you can control the Kessil via the Profilux computer. I'm using two light channels for this. One for intensity and one for color. This solution work great for me with full control of the light.

But I would not recommend using a cables that is not intended for connecting Kessil to Profilux without risking destroying your Kessil light or Profilux computer. I'm using a GHL PL-0067 LBF-AP to connect the Kessil light to the Profilux and a regular stereo head phone plug. See my description in previous post how I did.