Thread: Activating and testing second leakage sensor

Default Activating and testing second leakage sensor

Hello,

How do I activate and test the second leakage sensor? I have the second one enabled like the first sensor in the ProfiLux,
    but when I unplug the second one to test it, no alarm.

I attached the provided cable from the first leakage sensor's "SENSOR" port to the second leakage sensor's "PROFILUX"
    and also tried the "SENSOR" port; but when I unplug this sensor from any connection to test it nothing happens.

Second leakage sensor is enabled just like the first one. First one trips the alarm when unplugged.

Thanks in advance

On which ports have you connected both leakage sensors (built-in level port or extension card) and which ProfiLux model do you have?

Default activating and testing second leakage sensor

Quote Originally Posted by Carolin View Post
    On which ports have you connected both leakage sensors (built-in level port or extension card) and which ProfiLux model do you have?
    I have the ProfiLux 3.1ex N I just got it in late February. I have the leakage interface plugged into the level port below the temperature port.
    (I am away from home now, so this is all from memory, but this info should be correct.)

Thanks in advance,

I have the leakage interface plugged into the level port below the temperature port.
    The level port is the upper one (green socket) which means the temp port (blue socket) is below the level port. Maybe you have interchanged temp and level

To use two level sensors you need th y-cable PL-LY (other, similar looking cables may not work)
    Last edited by Gunther; 27.03.2013 at 09:10.

Default Connecting second leakage

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    The level port is the upper one (green socket) which means the temp port (blue socket) is below the level port. Maybe you have interchanged temp and level

To use two level sensors you need th y-cable PL-LY (other, similar looking cables may not work)

Okay back home. I just checked and the cables are plugged-in correctly. The temperature reads correctly, and the first sensor
    from the leakage interface works and tests correctly.

Oh I see, I thought I could use any "sensor" port. Now after re-rereading your note, I see to go from a sensor to another sensor,
    I need the y-cable PL-LY. If that is the case, GHL should have that written in the instructions.

Okay, I plugged the second sensor directly to the interface and set it up exactly like the first one in the Profilux, but still no response
    when I unplug it. An LED on the interface blinks red when I plug in the second interface, but nothing happens when I unplug it -
    to see if the second sensor is activated.

Thanks in advance

it is still not clear for me what the setup is exactly like

do you have one leakage interface and 2 leakage sensors? then you don't need a splitter (PL-LY) between ProfiLux and the interface, of course
    in this case both sensors work in parallel, which means as soon as you touch the pins of one sensor with your hand ProfiLux will detect "contact with water"
    only one level input of the ProfiLux is used then and need to be programmed

or do you have 2 leakage interfaces, at each one is a leakage sensor connected?
    then you have 2 independent systems which must be connected over the splitter to the level input of the ProfiLux
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Default Getting Second sensor to respond

Matthias,

Yes, I have one interface with both sensors connected directly into the interface ports 1 & 3.

In the Profilux 3.1ex N software, I go to "Probe/sensor controls" - "Level"

I click "Edit" on the first control circuit line, and choose "Leakage detection." If I set "Used sensors for this control" to 1, either
    sensor on port 1 works and tests fine - trips the alarm when unplugged or if water is present.

If I a change sensor number to "2," the alarm trips. If I add another line to the control circuit for the other leak detector -
    no response when I unplug this sensor.

I have attached a screen grab of the settings window.

Thanks for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images