Thread: Possible bug?

Default Possible bug?

Hello,

I upgraded from 5.15 to 5.17 earlier today, I copied off the device settings and sensor data first as instructions, and upgraded successfully to the new version.

Once upgraded, I copied back the settings & sensor data to the device.

I then went straight to the web browser to have a look at the pretty new web interface - and behold, it didn't ask me for the password that I had configured previous to the upgrade..
    After reconfiguring the password, it worked as expected..

Does the settings file include the Admin/Guest passwords for the webserver? Perhaps they didn't restore correctly?

I hope this is helpful.

Many thanks,
    Rob

Yes I can confirm that also.

After the upgrade I also accessed the browser and went straight through without asking for the password.
    Had to reconfigure passwords and all is well.

Don't know if it is a bug so much, but a warning needs to be given to reset the passwords when doing the update to ensure the meagre security is at least working.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post
    Yes I can confirm that also.

After the upgrade I also accessed the browser and went straight through without asking for the password.
    Had to reconfigure passwords and all is well.

Don't know if it is a bug so much, but a warning needs to be given to reset the passwords when doing the update to ensure the meagre security is at least working.
    At least a warning... especially with the shiny new web interface that is very, very functional (If you are like me and have the web server accessible from the Internet - this could have been catastrophic!)