Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Profilux and multiple screens

Default Profilux and multiple screens

Is there any known issue with running the Profilux software on a computer with dual video cards/ multiple screens?
    I have tried to run the latest version of the software on a computer with 2 monitors but the Profilux display window doesn't show correctly or expand into the menu items. The menus just do not open. Illumination opens but the display of the Profilux software window is all mixed up.
    I have downloaded the software onto a couple of other computers that are single screen and it works just fine.

Mitch

I don't think you can have the program running on more than one screen.

I was trying to run it on only 1 of the two screens.

Can't help you there. I am sure someone who knows will chime in soon.
    Sorry.

Have you tried running it on a single monitor system to rule out any other issues? I'd give that a shot first and if it works on a single monitor system then you pretty much have the answer in a nutshell.

Yes I have and it works fine.
    I have come across some other software that has issues with a multiple monitor setup and that manufacturer has confirmed that their software may not work properly.
    I am hoping that somebody at Profilux can confirm this as well so I can be sure.

I can't speak for GHL on this but I have several work stations running Dual Monitors (CAD/Drafting stations) and it's surprising how many applications can't run through Dual Monitor set-ups or don't run correctly. I don't understand why this is but we run into it on a daily basis. As of yet we've not found any work-arounds either. We even have one application that will run on Dual Screen but no matter what you do it swaps the screens out. Everything that should be on the left screen goes to the right and vice versa. Stop the application and everything goes back to normal... relaunch the application and it's like the monitors have been switched around on us. Gets VERY confusing when navigating from one screen to the other (go off the right side of right screen to get onto left screen???).

That must be the problem then.
    I run trading software that I sometimes run on 8 screens - no wonder that software is so expensive, lol.

Thanks BigAl.

I have always runs twin screens and never had an issue.

cheifzod, do you also have dual video cards?