Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Min Max rates for flow sensors?

Hi Matthias,

Not used in bypass and the setting is 12.40ml/pulse.

I do have the sensor running on a level extension cable. Would that matter?

I tested the 9000l/h-Sensor at full flow and it showed exactly what I expected

calibration 12.4ml/pulse

I counted about 200 pulses / second

as a result I got 9070l/h in ProfiLuxControl

-> all results are matching perfectly

you have now 2 options:
    - doubt what the pump manufacturer announces - ask him for details, maybe the flow goes down significantly when the pump works against a resistance (datasheet for the pump?)
    - doubt what our sensor shows - change the calibration value manually in the table - but I don't think that the sensor makes trouble, these are industry standard sensors with highest accuracy
    and they passed all tests we did with them in the last 6 months
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

i'm running a 8000l/h return pump
    Can you give us the exact pump type? Reason to ask is that the description "8000l/h pump" mostly is misinterpreted.

The pump manufacturers give you the absolute max flow. In real systems there are static heights and frictional resistance so the flow is much lower that the theoretical maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    Can you give us the exact pump type? Reason to ask is that the description "8000l/h pump" mostly is misinterpreted.

The pump manufacturers give you the absolute max flow. In real systems there are static heights and frictional resistance so the flow is much lower that the theoretical maximum.
    I understand head height etc will cause differences. The pump is a Red Dragon 3 Speedy and running a head height of 1.8m which should be around 5000l/h and i was hoping it would be around around 3000-3500l/h at least. I still feel from the flow I'm seeing it is higher than what the sensor says but will try a few things over the weekend.

Are you sure you don´t mix the RD2 with the RD3?

A quick search gave mit the courves and the RD2 with it´s 50W is at 5500l/h max. and approx. 3600l/h at 1.8m - if there are any other friction losses in your system it´s possible that the flow is correct.

Have in mind: Every meter of your tube will increase the friction loss (example: 1m of D20mm will have a loss of 0,2m at 2000l/h - at 5000l/h it will be 0,9m

Hi,

I have the RD3 Speedy 75w which is the correct model and flow. I understand about loss from length of tube and width etc. I will try get some more plumbing and test on a v ery short line and see what it says.