Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GHL anounces a brand new LED lamp!

Operation modes:
    - standalone (runs autonomous)
    - master (controls other lamps wirelessly)
    - slave (is controlled from other lamps or ProfiLux wirelessly)

Sounds like we will need to purchase an additional wireless transimtter for the Profilux? Just like for the EcoTech pumps.... I would be really good if if the 1 wireless transmitter was able to push signals to both the new LED unit and the EcoTech pumps?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonK View Post
    Operation modes:
    - standalone (runs autonomous)
    - master (controls other lamps wirelessly)
    - slave (is controlled from other lamps or ProfiLux wirelessly)

Sounds like we will need to purchase an additional wireless transimtter for the Profilux? Just like for the EcoTech pumps.... I would be really good if if the 1 wireless transmitter was able to push signals to both the new LED unit and the EcoTech pumps?
    I see where it's a nice idea but I seriously doubt GHL is making their technology work with a competing companies communication protocol.

my guess is the lamp will come supplied with anything required for hook up. I dont think they will be using the same module.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Sounds like we will need to purchase an additional wireless transimtter for the Profilux?
    Maybe GHL is working on any kind of WiPAB network dongles to make the Profilux more flexible in general .... there have been a lot of wishes for that in the past.

yes, there will be an additional wireless transmitter necessary - this can be connected to the ProfiLux Aquatic Bus (PAB)

this wireless module can control our LED-lamps, furthermore it is planned that this device communicates also with other wireless ProfiLux devices

it will not be possible that the VorTech-Controller controls our lamps or that the GHL wireless module controls a Radion - the technology is not compatible
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    yes, there will be an additional wireless transmitter necessary - this can be connected to the ProfiLux Aquatic Bus (PAB)

this wireless module can control our LED-lamps, furthermore it is planned that this device communicates also with other wireless ProfiLux devices

it will not be possible that the VorTech-Controller controls our lamps or that the GHL wireless module controls a Radion - the technology is not compatible
    will there be bundles ? or will the wifi transmitter be charged premium ? (because you know all existing profilux 3 owner will buy it anyway if they buy the lamp)
    so we buy your led lamp because we already have your P3 so we are long term customers )))
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 05.04.2012 at 18:58.

Fantastic design, fantastic product!

Job Perfect done!

Worlds most gadget Aquarium.. almost.

Will I be able to control the new GHL Mitras LED units from my Profilux 2 plus? If not is there an upgrade option from the 2 to the 3?

Cheers

Liam

no, this is not planned, the Mitras needs the data communication provided by the PAB, and PII has no PAB capability

you can use the Mitras also as standalone unit (it has its own controller)
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hoping there is a bracket to bolt these together and hang them from the ceiling, is something in the works like that?