Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: GHL anounces a brand new LED lamp!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    a replacement
    Excellent just what I'm after. Will it be controllable using a proflux 2 plus?

is it possible to order the LED’s with the narrow beam reflector at this point. And if so, is there an additional charge? How hard are these to change out by the end-user?

If someone wants the "Standard" unit would this be w/HyperViolet LEDs? I assume this is the standard unit and w/o is an option.
    Matthias can you reply to these? I've had 2 different people ask similar questions and need to know what to tell them. Thank you in advance.

we don't want to make it too complicated for the retailer (many variants, large stock), there are already these options:
    - 3 colors
    - with or without hyper violet
    - different plugs: "Schuko", UK, USA/CAN, France, Australia

these are 30 different models already

if we would offer all models now with 2 different reflectors we had 60 different lamps in our catalogue

so to make it short:

we learned that most people will be fine with the standard reflector
    so I think it is reasonable to have the "standard reflector" as a standard
    we must consider that someone also wants to mix the reflector types

and it is not hard to change the reflectors at all, just open a few screws
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Matthias,

Are you able to advise if I will be able to control the new LED light-bar that s coming out from my profilux 2 plus or will I need to upgrade to a profilux 3? Will it just connect using the 1-10V connector that my existing T5 GHL light bars use?

Thanks

Liam

will I be able to control the new LED light-bar that s coming out from my profilux 2 plus
    No, but the Mitras devices have an own, independent controller build in.

or will I need to upgrade to a profilux 3
    Unfortunately upgrade kit is not available anymore.

Will it just connect using the 1-10V
    No, external control is connected via PAB or wireless connection (additional device neccessary)

he is talking about the LED-bar, not the Mitras

the light bar will be controllable over PAB (only for P3 available) as well as over a standard 1-10V-interface

so the answer is yes, you can use your PII
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Matthias,

Thanks for confirming.

The next question is at the moment I have two 54W T5 light bars connected via a splitter to my PII and two Tunze Streams via a splillter to my 2nd 1-10V interface. My tank is 5*2*2 feet currently running 4 T5 tubes. Do you know how many LED light bars I would want to keep LPS and SPS as I have been told I should really be running 6 T5s but don't want to do anything until these LEDs are out? (I.E. do I need to get an expansion card).

Also would there be any features I would loose out by controlling over 1-10V rather than PAB?

Thanks

he is talking about the LED-bar, not the Mitras

the light bar will be controllable over PAB (only for P3 available) as well as over a standard 1-10V-interface

so the answer is yes, you can use your PII

it is too early to answer these detail questions

if you have a few weeks than let us continue this discussion when we have all the facts and measurement results

any more info like what color LEDs are in the Mitras, specific wavelengths for each color.

any news on the rail system and its release date

Thanks again for your quick response and I will await to hear further in a few weeks about measurement results.

Do you know yet whether full functionality will be available through the 1-10V interface or if the PAB will give enhanced ability?

it is too early to answer these detail questions

if you have a few weeks than let us continue this discussion when we have all the facts and measurement results