Thread: Problems with controlling LEDs (different values at the same settings!)

Default Problems with controlling LEDs (different values at the same settings!)

Okay I will try to summarize my problem as much as possible in order to get a fast response / help.

My DIY Led project. Using a Meanwell LDD-H 700mA Drivers with Meanwell 320W Powersupply for the leds, 1.5kOhm Resistor, 10v Power Supply for the dimming and of course LEDControl4Passive. Also using multimeter to measure what % profilux setting what mA outputs.
    After weeks of reading the net and thinking it, now everything is wired up correctly and "yay" I got dimming from the Profilux. I want to fine tune my control so i hook up the multimeter and start playing with the settings. First I go to "Illumination->Light scenarios->Activate Manual Illumination". After some tests and measuring with the multimeter I finally program the corresponding 1-10v interface to 2.7v Umin and 10v Umax. With this setting when testing under "manual illumination" i get almost perfect readings - at 0% i get 0 volts - 0mA output; 50% (6.3V) ~ 340mA; 75% (8.1V) ~ 520mA - in other words perfect correspondace between the profilux % settings and actual led power readings. After all that I am thinking "omg I got it just right" and I am so happy. I then go to "Illumination3" in order to setup my illumination run and schedule etc, BUT then i find out that for some strange reason the "settings->readings" there are not the same, compared to what I just got from manual illumination. For instance under "Illumination3" my 0% actually outputs ~140mA and the 1-10 interface shows "Actual voltage - 4.1V"; the 50% is 7v; 25% is 5.6v; 75 is 8.5v - completely different readings. And what bugs me most is that I CANNOT TURN THE LEDS TO 0 volts in order to shut them down, like i JUST DID it under manual illumination!!!
    even if I set the 1-10v interface voltage to 0v Umin and 10v Umax, at 0% I still get "Actual Voltage" ~ 1v and leds are still on.

So why is this difference between "manual illumination" settings and programable "illumination run" and why doesn't "illumination run" puts the right voltage under the corresponding %! And before you say that is not a profilux problem, sorry but it is, it is completely Profilux problem - everything works as it must under "manual illumination", where we are supposed to test different setting to implement into our schedules BUT the actual illumination schedule settings gives us completely different numbers. Excuse my aggrivation but I've been scratching my head for weeks and reading through the internet in order to get the whole thing running due to the lack of detailed information about correct use of LEDControl4 with drivers and pullup resistors when obviously this module is provided for the "do it yourself" people and much more information should be provided in the manual... And now I get this.
    Anyhow I really hope ill get some support.
    Last edited by Velaskes; 20.03.2013 at 00:43.

hi mate i,m trying todo the same thing as you . i have to the stage of the the lights running just on or off on the power bars . like you im running mean well starters with them able to dimmer later but i seen there it 3 different LEDcontrol4passive,s and i,m not sure what ones to get like do i need to use the pulldown affect ones or the V2 ect . can you help me please . i have 3 LED strings per light day white are 12 3watt =36watt , 8 day blue also 3watt = 24watt and 4 3watt night blues = 12watt . so i,m lost on what control to get .

peter