Thread: Inverted Level

Default Inverted Level

Hi,

I've had to mount my level sensor upside down due to space restraints. Out of the box there's no functionality that I could find for this, however using the programming logic I managed to get it to work. The problem with this is that the alarm functionality doesn't work as the "on" time is actually the "off" time. Perhaps we could have an invert button in the Level screen which flips the functionality?

Ant

if you are talking about a floater sensor then you can invert the switching behaviour:

remove the moving part, turn it 180°, assemble it again

That's what I've done but couldn't find an invert button to tell the GHL I had done this in the Level page.

better you tell me detailled what you want to achieve, I think there is a misunderstanding

OK, so if the floating level sensor is mounted the proper way then when the water level is reduced then the circuit is complete and when the level is at it's desired height then the circuit is broken. So if the circuit is complete for over 30 mins then you get an alarm.

If you mount the floating level sensor upside down then the opposite is true. When the water level is reduced then the circuit is broken, and when the level is at it's desired height then the circuit is complete. This means the built in functionality for levels doesn't work as the circuit is complete for over 30 mins (because the level is at the desired height for the majority of the time) and the alarm is activated. Also if you linked the socket to the Water 1 function then it would top up when the water level is at the desired height, which would mean a very wet floor.

What I have done is created a programming logic that is programmed when Water 1 (Inverted) and then linked this to the socket - so my top up is working fine.

However, I lose some of the functionality. What I really want is an "inverted" check box on the level screen so that it flips the functionality of the level sensor.

Does that make sense?

then my first idea was correct

remove the floating part from the sensor - turn it 180° - put it back again

no inversion or prog. logic in software required

I'm not convinced you're right.

but I am - just tested it

Ah - perhaps I misunderstood what you meant - you don't mean turn the whole thing upside down, you mean just take off the float and turn it upside down?

If so, I apologise, I haven't tried that.

yes, that's exactly what I meant