Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Upgraded, how do I import settings from PLC5?

Default [SOLVED] Upgraded, how do I import settings from PLC5?

I cannot figure out how to import my last settings I saved right before the upgrade...

If you did the backup of your settings with PLC5 you will have to rewrite them with PLC5 too, the backup formats of PLC5 and PLC6 are not compatible...

So I connect to the p3 with plc 5, and then back up settings. Then I can use PLC6?

If you used PLC5, yes please restore the data with PLC5. Then start PLC6. You dont have to restore anything in PLC6 then.

Ok, it's not letting me restore in PLC5 though. I'll try again.

I am getting a bunch of errors during transmission. I just ignored about all 50 of them...

Maybe I need to downgrade firmware to old, restore settings, and then save in plc6. Then upgrade firmware again?

Ok, I just downgraded firmware, and then reset settings. Somehow when I upgraded firmware the P3 turned on my alk doser, and dosed at least 150ml of solution into my tank. Jumped my PH up to 8.63. I am just glad I went into the tanks room to get some water. If not, it would have crashed my tank!

I am letting the tank calm down, then do a water change later. Hopefully everythign will be ok.

I'll re-upgrade to the new firmware later tonight.

To be honest its hard to understand what you did chronologically.

You backuped your data with PLC5 and restored it with PLC5 and got errors?

How was PLC6 involved?

No sorry. It was all my fault. I backed up in PLC5 . The upgraded firmware, and installed PLC6. Then tried to restore backup to no avail.

Next, I removed PLC6 from computer, and re-installed PLC5 with new firmware still on the profilux.

Tried to restore settings from PLC5, and got at least 50-60 errors.

Downgraded firmware to 5.04a, and restored settings.

Now using PLC6 with 5.04a until I re-upgrade firmware tonight.

Somewhere in there, my alk doser (doser1) got stcuk on, and dosed my tank with a TON of alk solution, and raised my tanks PH to 8.63. I have stopped all dosing, and turned off all lights. The tank is not sitting at 8.48, and nothing looks like it's going to die...thankfully.
    Last edited by rostato; 07.01.2011 at 20:40.

Okay, if we can help with anything, please just let us know...