Thread: ATO and 1 sensor

Default ATO and 1 sensor

I presume it's possible to run ATO with just 1 optical sensor and using a fail safe mechanism by programing the optical level sensor so if it's on for longer than say 20 seconds it will shut off the pump socket?

You can set a maximum on-time for the corresponding socket. After this time has expired, the socket will shut-off.

Hi Carolin,

So presumably if the time-on has exceed the maximum then the optical sensor has faulted and is pumping too much water into the tank. Does it require human intervention to reset the fault?

Thanks

Nige

or there is a leak

human intervention: depends on the reason for the fault ...
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hey Matthias,

Good point, a leak could also be an issue.

My point was more related to the alarm on the GHL, if the timeout exceeds I presume the pump won't start again until somebody phsyically resets it?

Thanks

if you enable "automatic error reset" the error is reset after the sensor has contact to water again, otherwise you have to reset the error manually

the socket keeps switched off until the error is reset

read more about this new feature in the programming guide 5.05
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks Matthias

I use a 1 optic level sensor with my ato pump , with a max on time of 30 secs and a fresh water (supply of 25 liters)

I don't see the point of added more sensors to make it more 'secure' => 30 secs is max around 8 liters anyway (for my ato pump)
    And if is would add my 25 liters to my 900 liter tank it wouldn't be a issue either.

Quote Originally Posted by Blahenazo View Post
    I use a 1 optic level sensor with my ato pump , with a max on time of 30 secs and a fresh water (supply of 25 liters)

I don't see the point of added more sensors to make it more 'secure' => 30 secs is max around 8 liters anyway (for my ato pump)
    And if is would add my 25 liters to my 900 liter tank it wouldn't be a issue either.
    exactly my line of thinking!