Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USB connection problems, ProPlusII versus W7

I think these power dips are exactly the problem, the switching of the connected devices causes spikes which influence the communication.

Could you connect the AC/DC-adaptor to your notebook? In most cases the grounding of the notebook eliminates this problem.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Corrected myself after re-reading this post. Disregard.
    Last edited by TheManicFishkeeper; 02.10.2010 at 01:09.

I will remove the USB port from the Profilux and will build a serial port into my PC. This because my PC has no serial port yet. then I will use the serial interface instead of the USB interfase.
    This will take a few days. After testing I will be back to tell the outcome of this change.

regards,
    Hans

Started with a laptop on XP and the serial port on my Profilux Plus II, this all worked well.
    I put in your USB port on the Profilux, tried to connect with PC Windows 7 and got problems.
    So now I removed the USB port, went back to my portable PC / Windows XP and now I cant connect any more.
    I am getting very **********.
    If I reset my Profilux, I will loose all settings with no guarantee that I can connect using the RS232.

What do you suggest / recommend ?

these are not enough details to help you, what shall we answer to
    tried to connect with PC Windows 7 and got problems
    ?

I guess the serial settings either in Windows or in ProfiLuxControl are not correct, but we need more information to check this, e.g. detailled description of the symptoms and screenshots with the relevant settings

but before moving on in this thread do me a favour and use the search function in this forum, topic USB has been discussed endless times
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Now I did remove the USB port from my Profilux and restarted to use the serial port on a Windows 7 machine, I had to change the device number direct on the Profilux back to 1.
    After changing this number directly on the Profilux everything is working on Windows 7 using the serial port.
    I asked to measure the USB port at work, but it seems that this interface is far to fragile for these power dips on the network, specially with the old type of lamps using a starter.

CONCLUSION

Changing the device number on the Profilux established the connection
    USB is not completely usable. It will work but not all handlings will be go smoothly

I will try now to extend my serial cable, because my PC is not placed in my tank !!

Thank for the patience, to me this issue is closed.

Regards,
    Hans