Thread: Lan problem - error 50

Default Lan problem - error 50

Hi,
    ever since upgrading from PIIex to PIIIex I've had constant issues with the Profilux losing its network connection. I usually have to restart the Profilux to fix the problem. I never had this problem with the PIIex. I'll leave the software (5.0.0.11) running and come back to the dreaded error 50. Any thoughts?
    thanks
    Mark

ps if I retry the connection after the error I get the "Could not connect. Do you want to check the settings now?" message. After restarting the profilux it will usually connect again. Settings don't get changed

please try the new firmware 5.00p which comes in a few hours and let us know how it works for you

thanks - I will let you know

Owing to the difficulty I have in finding a computer with a serial port I tried changing the ip from DHCP to fixed IP. This improved things slightly - the green status bars lighted up during the connection (which didn't happen before), but now I get error 28 instead of error 50. I'm trying to source an old laptop with serial connection to do the firmware update but I'm wondering if this new error is indicative of a different problem?

I've managed to get it to work by unticking Check for SMS Module. This seems to suggest a problem with the SMS module (which appears to be operating normally). Has anyone had this issue?

did you already upgrade to the fw p ?

Quote Originally Posted by mgpro View Post
    I've managed to get it to work by unticking Check for SMS Module. This seems to suggest a problem with the SMS module (which appears to be operating normally). Has anyone had this issue?
    did you upgrade you SMS unit to the newest firmware?

for P3 the SMS unit must have fw version 2.00 at least

Will upgrade and advise