Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firmware Update

Default Firmware Update

Everytime I try to update my firmware from 4.05 to 4.08 on my Profilux Plus II EX, it says download aborted when I click the OK after selcting yes on the front of my Profilux?? I am running profilux control 4.00-4.05, should I update it first, and then try the firmware? I have nothing stored or set in my Profilux as I am just getting it going.

Adam

Hi

You should be able to do it from V4.05 software but you can try uninstalling it and loading V4.08 and try.

It seems like your connection is dropping out.

If all else fails maybe use the fujitsu tool uploader as described in the back of the manual, this is by far the most stable method of software updating I have personally found and as GHL will testify if there is an upload issue to find, my pc will find it!

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Ok so I uninstalled contoller 4.05 and re-installed controller 4.08, hooked up my RS232 cable, went to firmware update and tried to load 4.08... When I'm prompted to say yes on the Profilux screen I select yes, and then when I click OK on the PC screen it aborts the download right away..

so you are connecting directly through RS232 to RS232?

Or USB to Rs232?

I using a RS232 to USB switching cable...

Ok this make sense now. These units are not overly reliable and can drop out if the speed of the transfer is too fast.

I wuld suggest using the fujitsu tool as explained in the back of the manual this is a much slower transfer rate and in most cases works.

OK I will check that out... I will be needing a warranty replacement LAN card aswell, so should I contact you or Patrick at OI for a new one?

Thanks

Adam

Contact Oi for the warranty on the LAN card we will test it and replace it.

If you are in Ottawa area you could even leave your controller with Pat and I will get it all up and running for you.

Thanks for the offer, but I live in Brockville, and

I GOT IT RUNNING!!!

Thanks to Boboxx and all the great knowledge he has of the Profilux, and computer programming, he really helped a million......

Thanks for your help too Aqua-Digital... I will drop my LAN off to Pat when I get up to Ottawa next.. Will he be able to give me a direct replacement and send me on my way, as I am not in Ottawa very often???

Thanks

Adam

Boboxx you are the MAN!!!!!!!