Thread: thinking to get a kg director mounting question

Default thinking to get a kg director mounting question

Hello im thinking of buying 2 dosers and a kh director from ghl tried writing GHL at Sales@ghl but no answer

Now i have a Red sea max E 260 and using it stock, whit the build in sump behind.

in the cabinet i have a chiller and dosing containers and dosers. i have no sump under the aquarium.

ill therefore have to suck the water down from the sump and to the KH Director under the aquarium. i also have my liquids there and will pump them up from the cabinet. ( i do that now its working fine)

how ever im unsure about the KH director if it can handle the water to be sucked down ( also will gravity "syphon start" ? )

it says in the manual that it empty the water to hose to make a fresh sample for next dose will it also work ?

im just waiting for some clarifications. before i decide to buy.

Hi Jonas,

Why not place the KHD and Doser in the same room as the sump?
    That will keep everything nearby.

It is super important to keep the reagent tube no longer than 20 inches, otherwise measurement accuracy may be compromised.

i can't have anything over the aquarium, ill make a shelf to keep every liquid close. but still have to draw water down

the sump is build in behind of the aquarium no water is under it.

Here are some pictures as u Can See sump behind Aquarium and dosers under
    Attached Images Attached Images

yes, it will work, although I would not recommend it

what happens in case of a malfunction? e.g. when the probe tube leaks for some reason, will this empty your sump?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.