Thread: Doser 2.1 messing with my computer mouse

Default Doser 2.1 messing with my computer mouse

I have a doser 2.1 stand alone with a KH Dirctor connected to it.

The mouse touchpad on my HP laptop has multiple malfunctions continuously while only this doser 2.1 is connected to my computer via usb. I have another doser 2.1 and a p4 that do not cause any issue while plugged into the exact same laptop with the exact same usb cable into the exact same port. Yes I have tried all the ports on my laptop. Well the P4 uses its own cable but on the 2 doser 2.1's I used the same cable. Both cables work fine on the unit without the kh director.

So the issues are extreme lag to slight lag to not moving at all without multiple swipe attempts. So you swipe like crazy to get the curser to move. Yes I see I misspelled courser but I have this doser plugged in and I can't move the courser in the correct spot to correct it. Annoying huh? So the courser won't move at all and then it moves a little and then it jumps 6 inches past the spot you were trying to get to.

My computer ports have been going crazy messing with this doser and I cut the doser some slack figuring it could just be my computer. I no longer believe that and feel my port issues are coming from this possibly defect doser.

So after 5 minutes trying to submit this thread I had to unplug the doser just to get the courser to move at all. The very second I unplugged the cable from my laptop my computer went back to normal.

I am running GCC and the doser 2.1 with khd attached shows firmware is up to date.

hello
    Please try the following
    -Go to the device manager and change the assigned COM port there
    -although it works with PL4, try another cable

regards Pit

Yeah I used 2 different cables. Both work on the other doser. Just not on the doser 2.1 with the KHD connected. NOt saying it is the KHD its just that doser.

I do not know what you mean by go to device manager and change the assigned comport.

In my device manager on my computer there is no clearly marked option to change the port number. And no worries since it changes randomly on its own every time I reboot the computer.

Thank you for your reply

your GHL driver, right mouse button, properties, port settings, extended, com port number

Unbenannt.png

regards Pit

Worth a shot. Thank you.