Thread: Problems with the new 6300 LED Clusters.

Default Problems with the new 6300 LED Clusters.

Problems with the new 6300 LED Clusters.

I upgraded my 5 LX 6100 HV with the LX6300 Clusters, and i love the spectrum possibilities.

But today when i took them apart for maintenance, i discovered that the white reflector was miscolored around the Ultra Violet diode, on all reflectors, in all 5 lamps. I don't know why, but i suspect overheating on that particular diode.

I disassemble and do maintenance on the lamps every 3 - 5 months, and have never seen this before when running the original 6100 clusters, which have been running since i purchased the lamps in 2012.

I'm really nervous about if the lamps may be damaged due to overheat.?

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

*Edit*

on second thought, maybe its not overheating that causes the miscoloration of the reflector, because the reflector is still white i a ring closest around the LED??? Could it be the UV radiation causing burning, or degeneration of the reflector material???

What to do?

Best Regards Tom

This issue is also commented in the main thread for the LX6300 LED Clusters.

What to do?
    Ignore.

This is no overheating. The white LEDs are driven with even higher currents and get a bit warmer, and there happens nothing.
    The reflector is rated for > 100°C. No need to worry.

Yes, I agree, I think it is the UV radiation.

But there will nothig bad happen. The LX7 refelectors in our showroom still have no isses in regards to the reflectors after 1.5 years, and UV is at 100%.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Matthias.

Thanks for your reply. UV radiation makes good sense, but the efficiency of the reflectors must be affected negatively by the brown layer, or degrade, which are a bit annoying for me.

My reflectors are from 2012, are you using the same reflectors on the LX7 ?

Dear Matthias.

I know you say not to worry, but as mentioned above, the reflection of the Ultra Violet, may be affected negatively. I have no problem to purchase new reflectors, but what if the same issue occur with them.

I will ask again, are the reflectors of the exact same material in my lamps from 2012, as in the LX7 you have in your show room.? Wonder why they don't get affected, as the diodes are identical.

Do we have an issue running in HO with the Ultras? When i changed clusters earlier last year and upgraded the mitras´s to LX 6300 Firmware, they were reset and therefore running in HE until for a couple of weeks ago, where i tried the HO for two days only, and went back to HE because the light was to bright.

I need to get this solved at one point, i cannot ignore the fact that i have 5, and tomorrow 6 LX6300, that have this issue. And the fact that the problem doesn't exist on LX7, may tell us that something is wrong.

Best Reg. Tom

Quote Originally Posted by gnisten View Post
    Dear Matthias.

I know you say not to worry, but as mentioned above, the reflection of the Ultra Violet, may be affected negatively. I have no problem to purchase new reflectors, but what if the same issue occur with them.

I will ask again, are the reflectors of the exact same material in my lamps from 2012, as in the LX7 you have in your show room.? Wonder why they don't get affected, as the diodes are identical.

Do we have an issue running in HO with the Ultras? When i changed clusters earlier last year and upgraded the mitras´s to LX 6300 Firmware, they were reset and therefore running in HE until for a couple of weeks ago, where i tried the HO for two days only, and went back to HE because the light was to bright.

I need to get this solved at one point, i cannot ignore the fact that i have 5, and tomorrow 6 LX6300, that have this issue. And the fact that the problem doesn't exist on LX7, may tell us that something is wrong.

Best Reg. Tom
    you can run the Mitras in HO at 100% all day long and it doesn't matter

the material is exactly the same for all LX versions in the since the beginning

I can't tell you more than please just ignore it since it has no significant impact, there is nothing which "needs to be get solved", all is fine

thank you
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.