Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GCC crashes every few seconds

Default GCC crashes every few seconds

I am beyond annoyed with this so excuse me if I get a bit snippy.

Like the title says. I can't even get any one thing changed before it crashes. This is GCC not the connection to my devices. If I go to myghl the devices are slow to populate but always have been and they do show green. GCC has always been more responsive. so I use it inside my home. I would also just go to myghl to do what I need done but that doesn't work properly either. KH Director does not show up any longer in myghl.

I have rebooted everything from my computer multiple times to my GHL devices, router etc....

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You are talking about GCC not the Connect app correct? What Version of GCC are you using? Mine never crashes, the app on the other hand is a different story.

.06, .07, 1.12. I have been trying many. After a mess of fighting I got the usb connection to stay connected but via ip its horrible.

Hello,

this must have something to do with your home network making your LAN or WiFi connections are unstable.

if you are using a network connection over WiFi, also make sure the used WiFi channels are not already
    occupied by another nearby devices.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I replied to you other thread were you also complained about the GCC connection/crashes before I came across this thread here, so please excuse when I repeat myself.

In addition to what MatthiasF said:

use static IP - make sure no other device uses the same IP -this would cause exactly the problems you are mentioning here
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I am beyond annoyed with this so excuse me if I get a bit snippy.
    We all here try do to our job as good as possible, so it is very appreciated when all forum users here stay calm, objective and polite and focus on finding a solution rather on having useless or unfriendly debates.
    Thank you for understanding.

I used angry IP scanner to make sure the static IP I used was not taken by any other devices in my home.

sorry when you already answered, but are we talking about a GHL Doser 2?

then it may be worth to try the update GCC 1.1.1.3 from today, we changed the timing for GHL Doser 2 connection over WiFi

if the update didn't help we must investigate further

Sorry , we are talking about a GHL Doser 2.1 stand alone with a KH Director running with it.

I unfortunately can't upgrade to the new revision yet. When I plugged the Doser 2.1 into my usb it was bogging down the connection. Sometimes unresponsive and sometimes disconnecting and crashing GCC. Finally last night I couldn't connect via usb to the Doser. I got an error saying something else was using the port even though nothing else is plugged in to my laptop. Searching microsoft for a repair and have not found one. What was recommended did not work and I continue to get the error.

So the Director is not sampling at all for whatever reason.
    Before the port quit I tried to manually test by changing the time to test and it wouldn't test.

Thanks for the reply.

Now I am confused. Are we talking about a USB connection? This must work always without any issues.
    If your PC tells you that this port is already used then there is something really wrong. Latest after a PC reboot an USB port, which crashed, must come back to normal.
    Open the device manager and check if the GHL Device is present there. Make sure this COM port is adjusted in GCC connection settings.

I unfortunately can't upgrade to the new revision yet. When I plugged the Doser 2.1
    Don't understand what this means. You need not to upgrade the doser (there is no new firmware anyway), you just need to install the new GCC.

Or are we talking about connection problems via WiFi. The GCC 1113 is worth a try.

Summary:
    - no new doser firmware
    - new GCC1113 helps with WiFi connection problems
    - no changes for USB connection

and this increased now the confusion
    So the Director is not sampling at all for whatever reason.
    Before the port quit I tried to manually test by changing the time to test and it wouldn't test.
    let us first solve your connection issue, after that is fixed let us solve all your other problems step by step

new threads for new topics, no mixing, please
    thanks