Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few issues I am having with my new Stand Alone KH Director kit

Default A few issues I am having with my new Stand Alone KH Director kit

First thing is seeing measurements in myghl. The first time I logged in KH Director was listed under dosing pumps. Then it was gone. Then it was under processes and now it has been gone a couple days. Any way to get it back?
    2nd is a ton of bubbles in the lines. I can only assume this would change the reading. I have manually ran the pumps tapping the lines to push all the bubbles through only to come back the next day with more bubbles. I have checked all of my connections many times.

My KH Director reads almost 2 dkh higher than both of my salifert kits which expire in 2020 and my Hanna checker with 2 different reagent bottles. All Salifert and Hanna reagents read within .1 of each other.
    I took my tube out and remeasured and it is set for 108.9 instead of 108.875 so I figure that is close enough. I calibrated all pumps and then rechecked and got the same amounts. I figure this is also good.
    Is there something you guys know of that I am missing?
    The only thing I can think of needing to check would be that the ph probe actually calibrated correctly but I can't see the ph reading anywhere.

This is a stand alone unit. Not a slave.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

How far away from the kh director is the reagent bottle? Pretty sure the only line to make sure there are no bubbles in is the reagent line. Not to say bubbles in the water sample is a good thing, but probably less of an issue than the reagent. The waste line will have bubbles no matter what at some points in time. Have you tried to recalibrate the ph probe? Are the readings consistent, just higher than the other tests?

The reagent line is 18.5 inches total length including the amount of line submerged in reagent. I do have a vent hole in the bottle as well.

Another issue I have tonight is GCC constantly crashing.

The first time I logged in KH Director was listed under dosing pumps. Then it was gone. Then it was under processes and now it has been gone a couple days. Any way to get it back?
    Since we wanted to have the same menu structure as in GCC we decided to move the KHD section from dosing pumps to sensors.
    Isn't it there a the moment? Then our cloud team wasn't able to finish the repogramming yet, I am sure this will be fixed Monday latest, I need to ask you for some patience.

My KH Director reads almost 2 dkh higher than both of my salifert kits which expire in 2020 and my Hanna checker with 2 different reagent bottles. All Salifert and Hanna reagents read within .1 of each other.
    Has been discussed already a few times in this forum so far, other measurement methods show different values.

If you trust those values more then you have 2 options:
    1. try to increase accuracy of KHD - recalibrate pH, make sure the pump calibration values are OK (usually 36, 4.5, 36 ml/min)
    2. if you think you have the max. accuracy and still trust other values more: manipulate the shown KHD value (+/- % right top corner of KHD settings)
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Another issue I have tonight is GCC constantly crashing.
    here we need some more details

LAN/WiFi/USB?

if via network: use static IP, make sure there are no address conficts (other devices with same address)

when are these "constant crashes"?
    all the time occasionally? at special actions? when closing software

AND: please don't mix support threads
    -> if still connection problems please open a new thread with all details
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Wifi mostly.
    Via usb it bogs my computer down by a lot and makes my pointer lag by 50% to not allowing it to move at all.
    I used angry ip scanner to chose an ip that was not in use on my network. I have not added any new devices since the KH Director. When I get home I will remove power from the director / Stand Alone Doser 2.1 to verify nothing has grabbed this ip.

I was a very long time Neptune user and I got away from them because of all the time needed to deal with issues. Internet connectivity was not normally one if them.

There is no probe / sensor option showing up in myghl. This is a Stand Alone unit. Again with the Neptune reference I do not want everything to be ran by 1 main controller because of the many issues with aquarium controllers. 1 thing wrong takes out everything and that is more aggrivation than I want to deal with.

As far as trusting other values , should I not trust 3 that are almost identical over 1 that is way off? As much money as we have in coral that depends on consistent levels I have to make a choice, so yes I chose the 3.

Via usb it bogs my computer down by a lot and makes my pointer lag by 50% to not allowing it to move at all.
    This is not normal, here is something wrong.
    We are talking about a PC with Windows 10, right? Then it should work without issues.
    Is there maybe a USB hub between or an USB extension? Then try to connect directly.

About Wifi, there are 2 points:
    - use the newest GCC1113 when you want to connect to the Doser over WiFi
    - you can't use myGHL and GCC over WiFi at the same time
    if this didn't help the we would need more details
    post here a screenshot of
    a) the doser WiFi settings
    b) the GHL Control Center connection settings

As far as trusting other values , should I not trust 3 that are almost identical over 1 that is way off? As much money as we have in coral that depends on consistent levels I have to make a choice, so yes I chose the 3.
    You are absolutely right, your choice. If you want to see the same values on the KHD you can do this:
    - recalibrate dosing pumps and pH, maybe the first calibration was not so perfect
    - trim the shown value, there is a setting for this

Yes sir,

The reason I am here is because something is wrong.

No I would not purposely use wifi and usb at the same time trying to connect to the same device. Something happening on its own could be a different story.Screenshot (16).jpg

Revision GCC1113 renders the Doser 2.1 useless. I can no longer even connect via wifi or usb at all. And even though the KH Director is supposed to test once a day it has not in at least 3 days. Waste cup is dry.

Screenshot (18).jpg

Angry IP Scanner with power to the Doser 2.1 show my IP of .115