Thread: Problems with Gen 1 Doser

Default Problems with Gen 1 Doser

Hi, I have been trying to re-connect my 3 pump Gen 1 doser - it has not been used for a while.. However with no luck as the Comms light fails to light, even when using the cable that is currently connected to the Powerbar (non-pab) to reprogram. Additionaly none of the pumps will run on manual when pressing the red buttons. (the power light comes on ok )

Taking a look inside the unit I would guess the issue is with the front panel/CCB as there are some signs of very minor water ingress! Are spare parts available?

depends on the exact parts - but if there are traces of water you can usually forget both boards and in most cases also the motors are affected, a repair makes not much sense then

contact GHL to find out: service@ghl-kl.de
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    depends on the exact parts - but if there are traces of water you can usually forget both boards and in most cases also the motors are affected, a repair makes not much sense then

contact GHL to find out: service@ghl-kl.de
    The only slight sign of slight water damage is on the front panel, the other board looks good.

IMG_5569.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_15f09.jpg

Are the pumps compatible with a dose 2

Quote Originally Posted by bubbling-under View Post
    Are the pumps compatible with a dose 2
    No sorry.
    Doser 1: dc pumps
    Doser 2/2.1: stepper pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbling-under View Post
    The only slight sign of slight water damage is on the front panel, the other board looks good.

IMG_5569.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_15f09.jpg
    I don't understand why you talk here about "slight signs of water damage".
    The front board and the motors are completely rusted, they are garbage.
    In the bottom part of the enclosure we can also see traces of water drops. It is very likely that the main board is also affected, even when it can't be seen as clear as the rest.

I recommend not to try a repair since it will cost more than this doser is worth.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I don't understand why you talk here about "slight signs of water damage".
    The front board and the motors are completely rusted, they are garbage.
    In the bottom part of the enclosure we can also see traces of water drops. It is very likely that the main board is also affected, even when it can't be seen as clear as the rest.

I recommend not to try a repair since it will cost more than this doser is worth.
    Fully understood - when I wrote 'slight water damage' I did not realise the front panel had an integrated PCB. I could see the damage on the front panel and one of the motors had rust on the casing, the other two are free from any signs of damage .. the internal circuit board shows no sign of damage. The point of my question was to understand if it was worth changing the front panel ( cost or replacement doser = app £300).
    I also wanted to understand if the other 2 motors could re-used in a new doser. As despite the damage had seen very little use. I now have my answer an the Doser will be scrapped.
    I believe the doser never came in direct contact with water, the damage was caused by condensation - so a lesson for me in the mounting of a doser in the future