Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reseting PIN?

I get this popping up.

However do I need to have all the updates done first before this step? Because I can’t even get the downloads figured out, or are these the steps for that?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PIWAWT View Post
    To connect a Profilux II to the PC, it needs one of the silver colors with blue connector. You should see the connection in the Device Manager. Note the assigned COM port (COMx) for the emergency update.

regards Pit
    Attached Images Attached Images

Disconnect your Profilux, install this driver, restart your PC, reconnect your Profilux

regards Pit

Hi Pit
    The driver install appears to have worked. Do I now go back to post #5 and download the emergency update and firmware etc...?

yes

regards Pit

Hi Pit
    I'm unsure of what to do now. I downloaded the emergency flash tool and the firmware. Still unable to connect. Looking at the instructions for the firmware update, and looking at using the jumper, but I don't have a piece that looks like a jumper.

So I'm unsure what to do now.

Thanks

you get an error message? you have selected the same COM port as in DeviceManager

regards Pit

Ok makes sense yes changed it to com3 and it worked and now the pin is popping up again. I tried 0000, and also resetting with the return and esc but still says denied.
    Also in the pic says firmware is 4.01 is that the old version? I assume.

Switch off the device (disconnect the voltage supply), switch it on again (plug in the voltage supply again). Immediately, while the status and greeting screen is displayed, press the left arrow.

You will be asked: Are you going to delete the PIN?

Select YES to restore the pin to factory default - 0000

Sorry I could have explained it better, I did press the left and esc button and it did ask if I wanted to reset the pin and I selected yes however it didn’t work.

I’m doing the emergency update and I get to the reset the microcontroller, once I push ok, I get an error?
    What does it mean?