Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reseting PIN?

Default Reseting PIN?

trying to setup my profilux plus 2 that I received from a setup buy. I have it hooked up to my computer but when connecting asks me for a pin #. Tried 0000 but didn't work. Then tried to reset it by shutting off then return key and esc. I reset it but when I try to reconnect it still says pin no accepted. It lets me use the demo mode but just wondering.
    Is there any other tricks

Hello,

you should do a firmware upgrade as mentioned in the following thread:
    http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...PC-PIN-problem

After that, you should be able to connect without the PIN-lock.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

thank you I will give it a try

Do I need special software on my computer for downloads and updates? I'm making no progress on trying to do this. I don't have computer smarts and have tried reading other threads but I have no idea what they are talking about. Is there a thread for dummies?

You need these files. You have to unpack the zip files first.
    Make sure that no other program is connected to the Profilux.
    Work exactly according to the instructions
    ProfiLux-2-Emergency-Update-Instructions.pdf
    ProfiLux-2-Plus-Firmware-V5.17.zip
    ProfiLux-2-Emergency-Flash-Tool.zip

Regards Pit

Thank you for the suggestion. However being totally computer illiterate, having read that and not knowing what I’m doing I decided to pack it up and it’s in a box outside. I have an apex and have videos to refer to. Unfortunately with it being outdated that’s what someone like me needs, a step by step. Thanks again for the help

Ummm. Box is back inside. Wife came home, I'm in trouble right now. So I was told to apologize cause I'm over reacting, and that I have to calm down. However I have to take the weekend off and Monday she is going to read the instructions and try and help me.

OK Breathe, breathe, breathe, breathe.........
    I'll do it with you step by step, but I need some more information.
    Did you connect the Profilux with the original GHL cable?
    Do you use a USB to serial adapter, or does your PC have a serial port RS232?
    Which operating system do you use?

regards Pit

Going to try attaching some photos from my phone hope it works!
    I used the white wire ( I believe it’s called a cat 5) to connect to my computer as it was the only one that seemed to get me to the “pin” stage. However I do have a whole bunch of RS232 cords and USB. I do also have that other item I can install in my profilux with the antenna thing but I don’t know what it is.
    I have windows 10 on my laptop.
    Thank you for your time and patience!

Quote Originally Posted by PIWAWT View Post
    OK Breathe, breathe, breathe, breathe.........
    I'll do it with you step by step, but I need some more information.
    Did you connect the Profilux with the original GHL cable?
    Do you use a USB to serial adapter, or does your PC have a serial port RS232?
    Which operating system do you use?

regards Pit

To connect a Profilux II to the PC, it needs one of the silver colors with blue connector. You should see the connection in the Device Manager. Note the assigned COM port (COMx) for the emergency update.

regards Pit