Thread: New Temperature probe testing PL3

Default Problem with new temperature probe PL3

I replaced what I thought was a defective temperature probe today with a new PT1000. In ice water bath, the temperature reading goes up to 131deg F. Putting the Sensor probe into the Aquarium, the reading is 84deg F.

UPDATE: the reading in the Aquarium goes up when the temperature actually is dropping.

Anyone experience this where the sensor is reversing the reading

How do I troubleshoot this with my Profilux 3?

high_temp_iceWater.PNG
    Last edited by ChiFiLux; 01.03.2018 at 01:44.

Hello
    If you have entered the correct ADC 1+2 values, or if you have none.
    Then you can try the following.
    On the Profilux itself, select sensor settings_extension, and have the Profilux "readjust" the sensor.

regards Pit

Thank you for the view and reply Pit.

The ADC 1+2 settings are factory settings. I recorded them prior to firmware update as one Forum chat had recommended.

I have not tried "Calibrate" as I do not know how to correctly set ADC 1+2. If you think there are instructions on GHL, I will look for them.

I have tried adjusting the temperature, using "Adjust Temperature", but that doesn't stay correct for long. Also adjusting the temperature doesn't explain or correct the ice water problem, wherein the temperature sensor goes up to 131deg F instead of down to ~32deg F.

I also have tried the "Fix dig. temp. -sensor issue. But it does not resolve both the incorrect temperature reading or the ice water test.

Thank you again.
    Last edited by ChiFiLux; 25.02.2018 at 16:46.

Would someone from GHL, engineering or quality, help me out with some failure modes related to temperature functionality and schematic? My company is in the high tech field and make products using caps and resisters, ICs, eprom, on 8 layer PCBA. I'm almost confident if someone for GHL could help me with some FMEA, I can dive deeper and root cause this issue with my engineering and rework team.
    Last edited by ChiFiLux; 28.02.2018 at 01:22.

Are the probe cables running alongside other electronic equipment power cables?

Perhaps these cables are releasing noise which is interfering with the probe readings.

Thank you for the response. I will check that too and respond back with a picture.

Tonight I'm going to take the PL3 offline and open the device up to check the internal soldering and components. I'm hoping a loose or cracked solder on the PS2 port block is the root of the problems or something else internal
    Last edited by ChiFiLux; 01.03.2018 at 01:24.

the ADC values are wrong, they show the values after clicking the "fix dig .." button, which is only for digital sensors, as the name says

the standard values for analog sensors (PT1000) are: 677 and 319

-> please recover these values
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

danke schön Matthias! That worked. So simple. This is my first controller, Profilux 3. The previous owner had many good things to say about the quality of GHL. I'm sure he also meant the support too.

You guys are the best. I'm all set for now.
    Last edited by ChiFiLux; 02.03.2018 at 17:49.

you are welcome!
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.