Thread: KHD setup questions please

Default KHD setup questions please

1- aeration of KHD solution tube. First disconnect from KHD and fill tubing using manual pump controls until it is full ie including the short pipe out of the doser head; then connect to KHD (correct?)
    2-the sample measurement is the total of the tubing from the tank to where it connects to the white doser head pipe + the length of the tubing between the doser and the KHD. Do you also have to add to the length of the white doser head tubing too? If so what is this measurements as it must be standard?
    3- before venting, flushing, emtying completely “all pumps used for measuring must be assigned,adjusted and calibrated!”. “Assigned” is simple; “adjusted” -assume this means set to fast (sample in/out) and slow for reagent??? “Calibrated” assume this means just putting in the length of the sample tubing..?? Or must I calibrate the doser heads like I would normally..??
    4- Do I assign pumps, set pump speed, aerate tube an reconnect, calibrate PH probe, install ph probe, enter pipe dimensions, then vent KHD- in that order?

1- aeration of KHD solution tube. First disconnect from KHD and fill tubing using manual pump controls until it is full ie including the short pipe out of the doser head; then connect to KHD (correct?)
    yes

2-the sample measurement is the total of the tubing from the tank to where it connects to the white doser head pipe + the length of the tubing between the doser and the KHD. Do you also have to add to the length of the white doser head tubing too? If so what is this measurements as it must be standard?
    this tube is ca. 150mm long, diameter 2.5

3- before venting, flushing, emtying completely “all pumps used for measuring must be assigned,adjusted and calibrated!”. “Assigned” is simple; “adjusted” -assume this means set to fast (sample in/out) and slow for reagent???
    yes

“Calibrated” assume this means just putting in the length of the sample tubing..?? Or must I calibrate the doser heads like I would normally..??
    yes to second part
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks Mattias

I am not clear-should I add the 150mm length of the white dosing head tubing to the total sample tubing length please?

Also if the sample tubing sits under water should I take the length from the end of the tubing or where it meets the water please?

The total length of the tube needs to be measured.