Thread: P4 10001's port closing connection this morning

Default P4 10001's port closing connection this morning

Hi,

This morning i can’t connect to my P4 with GCC: "Loading system information … Please Wait" then "Could not connect"

Wifi is established
    Ping to P4 IP is OK
    WebInterface is OK
    telnet to 10001 port is OK but disconnect:
    telnet 192.168.240.94 10001
    Trying 192.168.240.94...
    Connected to esp_b17150.lan.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    Connection closed by foreign host.

GCC 1.1.1.1
    P4 OS: 7.11
    ESP Module: 6589

Connexion through USB is OK

I did not reboot the P4 to be able to do any additional tests / checks that can help you to diagnose.

Thank.

Gael
    Last edited by Gael; 15.02.2018 at 15:20.

https://nofile.io/f/mgjrtUEstjC/capture.pcapng network capture of gcc connection fail.

Hello Gael,

what does the GCC-Communication page say about the states of the WiFi-module?
    Can you post a screenshot from there?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

The wifi-module and host communication seems to be alive, otherwise states would not be checked and the
    green wifi led were off, so the tcp-server seems not to forward or send the data.

But it is very hard to tell, where it got stuck or is unresponsive from this point of view.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

OK, :-/

What do you suggest to me now?

Thank you :-)
    Gael

Did you try to turn off the firewall and try with it completely turned off? I experienced the firewall stopping GCC sometimes.

Hi,
    Thank but like wrote MatthiasF, problem is Profilux side.
    Gael

you don't need to try network debugging with telnet or other protocols or tools, this doesn't help at all

the connection to GCC should just work, we need no network capture etc.

check the ususal and obvious things:
    - WiFi (SSID, key, mode, etc.)
    - IP gateway subnet etc.

make also sure port 10001 is not blocked

if this all is ok it must work

Hello,

After rebooting the profilux, the problem was solved.
    As MatthiasF said, the server listening on port 10001 was not available and closed the connection:
    Trying 192.168.240.94 ...
    Connected to esp_b17150.lan.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    -> Connection closed by foreign host. <-

Nothing to do with my connection or a firewall, especially that I could connect to the P3, proof is given by the fact the reboot of the P4 has solved the problem.

Without insinuating that it was planted, maybe I had badly closed GCC the day before and the port tcp was not released properly (the server listening on port 10001 can only serve one user at a time )
    Maybe this will never happen again :-)

Gael
    Last edited by Gael; 16.02.2018 at 09:46.