Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big bubble forming in doser to reagent tube??

Thanks for details, helps to see clearer.
    So yes I agree, the deviation (> 10) comes from the bubble.

Any chance you could use a thinner tube (e.g. ID = 2mm)? This will still fit on the doser fitting.

Still try to get rid of the air in the reagent - make it a bit warm (e.g. 30 - 40°C), shake it carefully
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I to am having bubbles form in the tube supplying the KH director. Is it possible the reagent is reacting with the tubing supplied with the director?

i purchased a clear dosing container specifically for the reagent and the bubbles are only forming in the tubing supplied with the director

Info from the German forum
    A silicone hose with a thicker wall, or ptfe hoses solved the problem. obviously, "normal" silicone hoses are not diffusion-proof enough.

regards Pit

Quote Originally Posted by PIWAWT View Post
    A silicone hose with a thicker wall, or ptfe hoses solved the problem. obviously, "normal" silicone hoses are not diffusion-proof enough.

regards Pit
    ptfe hose ? is that aquarium co2 hose ?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Thanks for details, helps to see clearer.
    Any chance you could use a thinner tube (e.g. ID = 2mm)? This will still fit on the doser fitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by PIWAWT View Post
    A silicone hose with a thicker wall
    regards Pit
    I have silicone tube with 2mm inner and 5mm outer and same problem...
    Also even if this would solve the problem (which is not the case), nothing could be done with the hose in the head of the dosing pump and the hose inside the KH Director.
    it is hopeless...

20180326_194951.jpg

Same here. I used thick wall silicone airline and have also heated the reagent to 40c and given it a shake. The problem remains the same.

OK, so the 2mm ID silicone tube and heating the reagent does not solve the air bubbles forming. Are we looking at a design problem here? How do we solve this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mortie31 View Post
    Lets hope Mortie31 has positive feedback soon then GHL can send out PTFE tubes to all.
    Last edited by Fishbones; 26.03.2018 at 19:18.

Does GHL have any solution to the bubble problem yet?

This has been a issue since the start of KHD.

It would be nice to have some updates so at least we know that it is still being looked into.

I think I found the right tube... but I need one more week of testing but haven't seen a bubble for 1week and a half.

Pedro