Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Big bubble forming in doser to reagent tube??

Still waiting

I had a problem with the forming bubbles in the dispenser on the reagent tube. I set the tube from ADA and it helped me get rid of the bubbles.

ADA Pressure Resistance Tube
    It is used for the connection between CO2 Regulator and Check Valve.
    This tube is also good for connecting the joint parts. Do NOT connect it directly to the glass products.

Quote Originally Posted by unixninja View Post
    I had a problem with the forming bubbles in the dispenser on the reagent tube. I set the tube from ADA and it helped me get rid of the bubbles.

ADA Pressure Resistance Tube
    It is used for the connection between CO2 Regulator and Check Valve.
    This tube is also good for connecting the joint parts. Do NOT connect it directly to the glass products.
    Thanks , have ordered one . I hope it helps.

Well it looks like we have been left to figure this thing out our selves .

I see the support staff are active on the other sections of this forum but don't want to add any comments about this.

Nearly 4 months now and I still can't use KHD as it was fully intended .

Im sure after this long GHL have had lots of time to look into issue and come to a conclusion . How hard can it be for the designers to look at Reagent, a bit of tube and a doser.

As you may guess GHL I am not happy. I think we have been very patient about this problem.

Please Please respond.
    Last edited by paulfars; 12.04.2018 at 17:44.

Very disappointed in GHL!!!
    It's obvious that as there aren't many people complaining or going public about this, GHL don't care. Just keep selling ...
    I have emailed support@ghl-kl.de and will start posting on facebook and forums to see if we can get a solution for this, and alerting others to this problem.
    Suggestions given here by Mathias did not solve anything. Also, buying every type of tube someone here suggests to test is not what I intend to do.
    What we need is a tried and tested solution from GHL.

Matthias will return from a business trip on Monday and reply then.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Still waiting a reply !!

After doing a lot of testing we came to these findings:

- no bubbles which have an SIGNIFICANT impact on the KH measurement, the value stays perfectly stable in a range of about +/- 0,1
    -> the small amount of bubbles which exist can be ignored and have no impact

we did these tests with
    - different tube materials, incl. the tubes which are part of the KHD shipment
    - with several batches of the reagent, incl. the newest batch (light blue)

yes, we are aware, that there were some bottles among the first shipments which tended more to produce small bubbles in the reagent tube
    this is either solved with warming + stirring as mentioned above in this thread or after using a new bottle of reagent

we sold now > 1000 KHD and the feedback is extremely positive, I personally spoke at several shows in the last weeks with many people who use the KHD, they ALL were excited about the precision and had no issues at all
    they reported they have precise KH measurements and a stable KH value in their tank they never saw before

BUT of course we take the problems some customers have very serious, and try to find a solution for everyone

maybe there are othere reasons which affect the measurment, make sure we can rule out these "common" mistakes:
    - reagent tube too long and/or not straight - see manual
    - vent tube dipped in the waste water - must be above - see manual
    - using reagent of the first batch which may intend to create bubbles - see above
    - too few measurements per day / too small sample water amount for your purpose / precision - increase

let me reply to some previous comments:

How hard can it be for the designers to look at Reagent, a bit of tube and a doser.
    Very. If you can't reproduce the problems.

I have emailed support@ghl-kl.de and will start posting on facebook and forums to see if we can get a solution for this, and alerting others to this problem.
    We actually don't know what this is supposed to mean. Does this mean you want to give us some pressure over social media and forums in order to get us working and reacting as you want us to?
    This is not how this works. We are not starting fights over these channels. We do our job, we don't waste our time and energy in useless debates. Please follow the forum rules in the future.

bottomline:
    EVERYONE who has a problem with the KHD, no matter what problem, please contact the GHL support directly, GHL is happy to assist you.
    Visit our support page for contacting us.

when we found something which is in interst for ALL KHD users we will open this thread again and publish our findings
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

addition:

although we were not able to "produce" enough bubbles in our test environment we think the above observations about different tube materials are very interesting and helpful
    thank you so much for sharing your helpful thoughts and tests

we will look into this further and decide if we follow this route