Thread: Doser 2 master big problem

Default Doser 2 master big problem

Hello i am in need of a GHL member/supervisor

I live in the Netherland and a have bought a GHL doser 2 in Oktober from a german online shop and all went well.
    Everyday it did the job and i was very happy with the unit.
    I have a iPhone X and i login with a macbook still no problems.

This morning i woke up and looked at the tank and a heard the doser dosing.
    But after a few seconds i realise that the doser does not stop.
    I open the cabinet and i was looking to a empty KH+ bottle and the pump kept running.
    Opened the app to stop the pump but no reaction wheel was spinning in the app
    I looked at the settings in the app and all settings are changed to 60.000+ dossing's and also the quantity was changed.
    The unit worked for weeks with no adjustments from me so the unit changed the setting by itself !!!
    Please help and advice what to do because i don't trust it anymore and want to know what happend and how to avoid this.
    i had some luck that my KH was 7,9 and only a quarter left in the bottle KH+ so it went empty in the night and run dry now my tank is 9,9
    But this could kill my tank in a future malfunction
    Please help Best Regards Remy

Hello Remy,

Sorry to hear about the recent troubles. The program or schedule will not suddenly change itself without some sort of prior interaction with the dosing system. Can you walk us through any recent changes, changes to dosing schedules, firmware updates, etc. that may have happened which lead up to this incident?

What is the current FW version on the doser?
    When accessing the doser, do you typically do it via the app, GCC, myGHL, or a combination of more than 1?

Hello Vinny,
    The unit was not touched by me or another person for more than a week.
    No settings where changed and the unit really chanced the settings by itself.
    That is what worries me the most can you read-out my unit to look if you can find the problem online ?
    Also no firmware update was done because i bought the unit with still the newest firmware.
    I am a electrical engineer so i am familiar with problems in electrical equipment and also i can't give you a answer how it was changed.
    I know that you get a lot of problems that are user related but i can insure you this is not one of those errors.
    Thanks for the fast response and hope to get this problem solved
    Best Regards Remy

Send me an email with front, back, and side-photos of the doser so I can take a closer look at this case:
    info@ghlusa.com