Thread: KH Director + Triton

Default KH Director + Triton

Good morning everyone.
    I am hoping I can get some assistance. I am planning on purchasing: KH Director + GHL Doser 2.1 Standalone 4 pumps + GHL Doser 2.1 Slave 4 pumps.
    I intend to use this on my Triton system but I have a few questions. The plan is to use the first three pumps for operating the KH Director. I want to use the Slave 4 pumps to provide my system with the required amount of Triton chemicals.

Is it possible to apply the same dynamic setpoint (I want to use the adaptive control mode) to all of the slave pump heads thus ensuring I always maintain an even dosing of each of the Triton chemicals?

Secondly I work as an automation engineer and I would love to assist on your future upgrades to the KH Director specifically with regards to your closed loop control, I believe running a true PID loop would set your product far above any competitors.

Thanks
    Zane

Hi Zane,

Yes, you can assign more than just the alkalinity pump to react to the readings by the KHD. Have a look at our manual, the control option is explained there.

Thank you Vinny
    That is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I will be placing an order for the units I proposed above. I have heard rumour that the deliveries are running a bit behind at the moment. Do you think it would be possible for the delivery to be completed within the next 4 weeks? I get home from China next month and I am itching to set it up.
    I have read the programmable logic manual but I am hoping it is a little out dated. Could you tell me if there are any mathematical functions available to use?
    Thank you
    Zane

Hi,

using the KH Director for Triton (or other methods) has nothing to do with programmable logic.

All the functions you need are already built-in and ready to use.

Please check the manual

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...rector-manual/

especially the chapter about our control modes

about delivery: yes, we are behind due to the huge demand, I think for new orders approx. 4 week are realistic

-> the sooner you order the sooner it will be your turn ...
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you very much Matthias
    The demand is understandable, by all accounts you are offering a great product. I ordered a KH Director and 4 pump master and a 4 pump slave approximately 7 days ago. Yesterday I also ordered a P4 mega set. I am very excited to get my hands on the products.