Thread: connecting form outside network

Default connecting form outside network

Can we connect via GHL connect from outside our home network? How to do it?

If you mean connecting to your device without adding it to your home network you can connect over access point mode.

To connect from outside home over the internet you have to do this with port forwarding or a vpn (tutorials can be found on youtube for example).
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I have set up a VPn using Hide me. Can you tel me the way to connect with GHL connect afterward?

When connected to your VPN you can connect to your device like from your home network.

For further information on how a VPN works and how to set one up, please inform yourself. There are a lot of tutorials on the internet.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Awesome answer. Figure it out yourself!

i already had to figure a lot myself. For somebody like me with no knowledge in network, computer etc. it is really hard to set up this thing.

Hi,

Could someone put a tutorial?

Thanks

Please understand it is impossible for us to cover every possible network configuration.

There are several ways to connect "from outside", most popular ways are to use "VPN" (connecting 2 networks) or "port forwarding", both things depend on the specific situation, there is no general How-To.

Awesome answer. Figure it out yourself!
    I think you got Thilo wrong. He was just trying to say that these topics had been discussed already many times in this forum and that you will find endless information about them when you google.

As stated already a few times before at several occasions, although access from outside is already possible, the app is at the moment mainly designed for the use in your internal network, for remote access you can use our cloud service myGHL.

Next app versions will have the ability to change the used port, and later version will support other communication channels, the plan is to connect from outside without the need to use VPN or port forwarding.

But please let us first concentrate on the basic functions - operating and adjusting the devices.

ok. no problem waiting. I already really like the app. Looking forward for what is coming.

Oops just seen the above post and deleted mine

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk