Thread: problem assigning doser 1 to P4

Default problem assigning doser 1 to P4

Hi

i tried to assign my old doser 1 to P4 without success, i can t even see the device in GCC. I followed the tutorial from GHL. Connected via USB to P4, doser connected to P4 in socket 1-4. Firmware 7.08, GCC 1.1.0.0. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

In order to connect a Gen 1 doser to your P4, you will need to connect it to the S-port (Red port). There are two of these ports on the P4, S1-4 and S5-8.
    • S1-4 controls any sockets between 1-24
    • S5-8 controls any sockets between 25-48

Since this doser does not connect to the ProfiLux via a PAB-cable, setup will be a bit different.

Here's how to set it up:

1. Connect the cable to one of the S-ports on the P4 (Red port).
    2. Connect to your P4 using GCC and go to the SWITCH CHANNELS AND OUTLETS settings page.
    3. Under the Switchable powerbars section, select the box that has your Gen 1 doser connected to it. If you have it connected to the S1-4 port, select the S1-4 option. If on S5-8, select S5-8 option.
    4. Click YES to activate digital communication through this port and click SAVE CHANGES.
    5. Click on PROGRAM DIGITAL POWERBAR OR DOSING PUMP UNIT.

6. Select NUMBERING OF A DOSING PUMP STATION
    7. Select which sockets you want to assign to each dosing pump head. For example, if you already have a Powerbar5.1 using sockets 1-5, the first dosing pump head should be set to 6.
    8. Click PROGRAM NOW, then click READY.

With the steps above, you will now have the Gen1 doser activated and assigned to the P4. The next step is to get each dosing pump head to react to the dosing schedule.

1. On the SWITCH CHANNELS AND OUTLETS settings page, select the socket number that is assigned to the 1st dosing pump head. For example if pump head 1 was assigned to socket S6, select the S6 socket.
    2. Set the function to DOSING PUMP and select the dosing pump channel you wish to assign.
    3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each dosing pump head.

NOTE: Since the ProfiLux supports up to 16 dosing pump channels, you will need to select which DOSING PUMP channel you want to assign to the dosing pump head.

You will now be able to go into each DOSING PUMP channel and create your dosing schedule.

i tried it with red socket S1-4 and S5-9 without success. i set numbering 5-8 because my powerbars are starting at 9. i put it back on my p3 ex and still working without the need to assign it again so i guess nothing was programmed. any ideas?

When you assigned it to 5-8, did you have it connected to the S1-4 port?

Do you have any other device besides the Gen1 doser currently connected to any S-port?

Please post screenshots of the following:
    - GCC Switch channels and outlets settings page (Showing that correct dosing pump channels are assigned to the assigned dosing pump sockets).
    - Dosing pump numbering

i had the correct socket connected.
    only the sensors were connected at the moment.

i will try some screen shot later today.

here are the screen shots
    Screenshot Swtich.PNG
    numbering.jpg

Based on your screenshots and where you have the dosing pumps assigned on the sockets, it is not setup correctly.

In your screenshot, you have port S5-8 enabled. This setup would work if you were to move your dosing pump channels to socket 25. You need to uncheck the S5-8 box and check the S1-4 box to activate this port. Once you do that, the dosing pumps should respond to your set schedule. You can test this by using the MANUAL OVERRIDE feature.

If that does not work, go through steps 1-8 and make sure S1-4 is selected and your dosing pump number begins at 5.

TIP: The TIMER functions you are using now do not offer the same level of flexibility of the DOSING PUMP channels. If you move your dosing schedules over to the DOSING PUMP channels, you will be able to monitor your container fluid levels, calibrate the motors, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Based on your screenshots and where you have the dosing pumps assigned on the sockets, it is not setup correctly.

In your screenshot, you have port S5-8 enabled. This setup would work if you were to move your dosing pump channels to socket 25. You need to uncheck the S5-8 box and check the S1-4 box to activate this port. Once you do that, the dosing pumps should respond to your set schedule. You can test this by using the MANUAL OVERRIDE feature.

If that does not work, go through steps 1-8 and make sure S1-4 is selected and your dosing pump number begins at 5.

TIP: The TIMER functions you are using now do not offer the same level of flexibility of the DOSING PUMP channels. If you move your dosing schedules over to the DOSING PUMP channels, you will be able to monitor your container fluid levels, calibrate the motors, and more.
    it works! thanks!

this morning, i noticed that when doser pump no 2 is in fonction, doser pump no1 is activated at the same time but erratically. My dosers are on timers so during the 55 secondes the doser 2 was activated the doser 1 was activated for i would say 6 to 10 sec. any ideas what could cause that??

Move your dosing schedules to the DOSING PUMP channels and let me know if the problem persists.