Thread: Maxspect Gyres

Default Maxspect Gyres

Considering purchasing a Profilux and reading a lot about GHL this past weekend. I’m wondering if Profilux can mirror the programming BRS did with their Maxspect Gyres and why I need a breakout box to get the Ice Cap interface to work with Profilux?

BRS ran a Gyre on their Apex at 100% for 45 minutes and then down to 0% over 45 minutes and then 0% for 45 minutes and the other Gyre was repeating the same program opposite of the first Gyre. The cycle then repeats itself. I assume they slow them down at night.

It’s the last couple of minutes of the video below.

Would someone from GHL let me know if it is possible and how to mirror this program with Profilux software?

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/video...t-the-brs-160/

The 1-10V breakout box is the bridge between the Icecap Interface and ProfiLux. It is what allows the ProfiLux to send a command that the Gyres will understand.

With the P4's Stream Group settings, you have several different wave modes to choose from. Each mode gives you the ability to customize each pump's behavior and timing in-between the min and max flow. For example, with our SEQUENCE 1 mode, you will be able to create an alternating flow pattern between pumps. This will allow you to pulse each pump between the minimum and maximum flow, one at a time. There is also a random wave option available for those who want to create random flow like in the ocean.

Something similar to what was shown in the video can be done using the SEQUENCE 1 mode. With this option, you can specify how long a pump will alternate between the min/max flow before turning on another pump. For example, Pump#1 can be set to stay ON for 45 minutes, then after 45 minutes Pump#1 turns OFF and turns ON Pump#2 for 45 minutes. Once 45 minutes passes on Pump#2, the sequence repeats again.

To take it further, you can even specify how long it should take for each pump to reach the min/max flow. For example, you can set the assigned pumps to take 10 seconds to ramp up and 5 seconds to ramp down, we call this the WAVE DURATION. The min and max wave duration can be configured separately if desired.

You also have the option to specify the behavior of the wave itself. For example, you can set a SINUS WAVE which gradually increases/decreases the pump's flow in-between the set min/max flow. There is also a RIGHT-ANGLED WAVE option which abruptly increases the flow, a sudden jump from min flow straight to max flow.

Nocturnal pump behavior, feed mode behavior, and thunderstorm behavior can also be implemented into any of the available modes.

If you download our ProfiLux 4 Programming Guide, you will find more information on the available options starting on page 35.
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...g-guide-v7-02/
    Last edited by Vinny; 06.12.2017 at 16:18.

Thank you! I will research this!

Ok I’m still a bit confused.

I also want to do this, using two gyres that are presently plugged into their own controller. I have a p4 and Powerbar already.

I get I need to buy the icecap, but what else? Do I need another box? Make some special cables? or is it just simple plug them together and then just a case of setting up the code in the p4 to run the times and the flow power changes over those periods?

I don’t want simple on off switching

It be great if GHL did a few more tutorials, with the code/settings demonstrating these kind of controls with these various products

Hello,

recently we stumpled upon this video guide and might help you a bit:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwBp7KdaOFc
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hello, I'm sorry if this is obvious ... but how do I get a breakout box? I don't see them listed for sale.

but how do I get a breakout box?
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/product/lbf-ap/

regards Pit

Quote Originally Posted by PIWAWT View Post
    <holds head in shame>