I know this comes up often, but as I work in IT for a living, this shouldn't be so complicated. I have two brand new LX7's and am trying to get them up and running. I run a mac, so I'm running Parallels with a copy of windows 7. I was able to get connected to the mitras via normal USB serial ports, but when I get to the point of upgrading the firmware, I get the fixture to reboot into bootloader mode, but no matter what I do, I cannot get the driver to load for USBVCOM. I get a yellow exclamation point on the USBVCOM (COM7) device, and the following in the device properties.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

any suggestions? I've tried to manually uninstall, reinstall, select the local device drivers from the program files directory, have tried multiple versions of GCC, nothing seems to want to work. I attempted to install dpinst_x64, but that didn't work either (which I did notice it was under the Win10 directory, but whatever).

No clue what to do next. I can't really program the fixtures so far - i can connect to them no problem but the connection also seems to crash when I go into the communications tab, and only the communications tab.