Thread: vortech controller - purple/red color

Default vortech controller - purple/red color

I have hooked up my 2 vortech mp40qd pumps to my ghl 3 unit with the vortech module. When i am running nutrienc export, and tidal swell, one of the pumps are purple and the other one is red, why is that? when i run them in lagune mode, both turn yellow, so why the diffrent colors?

also should i update the pumps or not? i seem to recall something that the mp40qd shouldent be updated? Control center says my pumps are using firmware 0., and unknown type. I am running firmware 6.23, and ghl control center V1099
    Last edited by StarF; 03.12.2017 at 16:49.

The meaning of the color codes on your QD driver would best be interpreted by ETM. If I remember correctly, the yellow color on the driver is their color code for lagoon mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    The meaning of the color codes on your QD driver would best be interpreted by ETM. If I remember correctly, the yellow color on the driver is their color code for lagoon mode.

Yes the yellow is lagoon mode, my question was why is one driver red, the other purple when they both are running ntm mode? the purple is the color for ntm, i dont know what the red color is. When both of them show the correct yellow when running lagoon mode.