Thread: Wi-Fi Issue

Default Wi-Fi Issue

I own two Mitras LX7 lights and recently I ran into a wireless issue. I few months ago I was no longer able to connect to either light over a wireless connection. Wasn't a big issue until my cable stopped working so I figured I would troubleshoot both issues. Both lights receive a statically assigned IP address from my router but I can not ping either address. I then assigned both devices static IP addresses and I can verify that both devices are communicating to my router but I still can not ping the lights. The network only has one segment and no other routing issues. I tried creating new/different SSIDs to connect to with but I still get the same results. If it helps to troubleshoot, the router and access point are both Meraki.

Thanks
    Mark
    Mark

Hello Mark,

how did you verify, that the Mitras LX7 communicate with your router?

Can you temporarily connect one LX7 on another computer via USB and post a sreenshot
    of the Communication-page with details of the networking settings and wifi module status?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I was able to identify communication by two methods. The first is that the lights receives an IP address from my router and it updates DHCP table on the router. Second, my router displays traffic per devices and I can view a little bit of traffic from both of the lights. Not a lot, probably just enough to receive the DHCP address.

I've tried both the Client and Client & Access Point modes and different combinations of SSID/encryption methods. It does appear to have difficulties with long WiFi keys so I shorten the key to 20 characters.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mark

Hello Mark,

the passphrase length supports 63 characters in the latest versions for LX7 and WiFi module version.
    Are these firmwares up-to-date already?

Additionally you could test with a short passphrase or try connecting to a lamp with its built-in AccessPoint mode
    and your computer or smartphone.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.