Thread: Mitras LX 7206 - Crashing/Hanging

Default Mitras LX 7206 - Crashing/Hanging

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has an idea why my Mitras are hanging from time to time.

I have 4 x LX 7206 over my tank. Before the upgrade to the latest firmware 1.07 this would happen on a daily basis.

And it would happen in sequence.

For example:
    L1 -> Master --> This would never hang.
    L2 -> Slave(2) --> Hangs on Monday, power off and on, everything back in sync.
    L3 -> Slave(3) --> Hangs on Tuesday, power off and on, everything back in sync.
    L4 -> Slave(4) --> Hangs on Wednesday, power off and on, everything back in sync.

This cycle would continue over and over, maybe every now and then you get a few days where everything runs smoothly without having to power off and on again. And they would also hang at diffrent times, sometimes when the lights were on and sometimes when they were off.

Here is pic of today, things were running smoothly for +- week now after the update but then noticed 1 light was not on.
    image1.jpg

Any assitance is greatly appreciated.

Both device firmware and wifi module firmware are up to date?

Yes, I have WiFi Module Firmware of 6407 and Firmware 1.07 from the latest GCC 1.1.

I noticed there was a WiFi Firmware download that is 6512, I updated the P4 with no issues but I cannot seem to update the Mitras.

I am not able to access thier Web GUI via http://ip_address as it asks me for username and password. I entered the usual admin & Starfish as per the update document but does not let me in.

I also tried using the WiFi Updater tool in the GCC folder but that does nothing, it runs the script and the process runs but nothing happens, cmd window opens, you can see it tries to connect 3 or 4 times and exits.

Any idea's?

Hello,

for the firmware upgrade you should try another usb cable/connection.
    This could be related to electromagnetic disturbances. Also try separating
    one Mitras LX7 and flash it somewhere else.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

OK, here are the things I tried.
    - I tried all 4 USB cables with the same result.
    - I tried different USB Ports on the same Laptop.
    - I tried different Laptops and a PC.
    - I tried putting the devices in Standalone mode and then trying the update.
    - I tried resetting the devices and then trying the update.

I tried it on the Kitchen counter, on the Office desk, the only thing I have not tried it take a very long extension cord out and sit in the middle of the garden.

Any further idea's?