Thread: USB Drivers

Default USB Drivers

I am attempting to connect to one of my Mitras LX7 with a laptop and USB cable. On a Windows 10 laptop I receive a "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" message and on Windows 7, I receive an "Unknown Device" in the Universal Serial Bus controllers (Device Manager). I followed the instructions on another thread (http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...request+failed) and manually uninstalled the USB device and then install the GHL drivers with no change. I attempted this procedure on 4 different laptop with the same results. Do you have any additional suggestions.

Mark
    Mark

Hallo Mark
    This is the wrong driver for an LX. You need the cypress driver. You have a PN

regards Pit

Thank you for the quick reply. I installed the driver and I still have the same issue. I tried it on both the Windows 7 and Windows 10 laptops.

Mark
    Mark

Connect the Mitras to the PC
    open the DeviceManager
    uninstall the driver completely
    disconnect the Mitras from the PC
    Restart the PC
    Install the driver
    Restart the PC
    connect the Mitras

Same issue, no change.
    Mark

Did you use the original USB cable? If no test whether another, equally long or shorter one works.
    Have you used a different USB port for testing?

regards Pit

Yes, I was using the original cable and I tried different USB ports on different computers. I have two Mitras so I tried the other cable. 24 years in IT and I have never seen a cable fail like this one. The other cable worked fine. Thanks for your help.
    Mark