Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P4 - problem with multiple level sensors using Y splitter PL-LY

Default P4 - problem with multiple level sensors using Y splitter PL-LY

Greetings from Australia!

I have recently purchased a new Profilux4 along with a Powerboard 5.1, 2 optical and 2 float level sensors, a leak detector module and 2 sensors, and 2 Y-splitter cables (PL-LY).

The level and leak sensors work fine when plugged individually into the two level sensor ports (purple and green), however when I plug two sensors via the Y splitter they do not work properly and seem to require both sensors to be activated to trigger an action.

For example, if I plug one level sensor direct into the purple input and set up Control Circuit 1 to operate as a single-sensor ATO using sensor #1 and linked to Switch Channel 1, then socket 1 on the powerbar correctly activates when the sensor is in a triggered state, and turns off when the sensor is not in a triggered state. If I plug a 2nd sensor into the green input and set up a different Control Circuit using sensor #3 it also works fine, and it does not cause any problem to the functionality of Control Circuit 1.

However, I if use the PL-LY to plug two level sensors into the purple socket, Control Circuit 1 will not activate unless BOTH sensors are in a triggered state, and will not turn off until both sensors are untriggered.

Setting up two Control Circuits to use two sensors connected via the PL-LY (one using sensor #1 and the other using sensor #2), results in only Control Circuit 1 working when both sensors are triggered, and Control Circuit 2 not working at all.

The problem occurs regardless of which sensor/s or the leak detector module is used - if two sensors of any type or combination are plugged into either the green or purple ports using a PL-LY cable, nothing will work unless both those sensors are triggered at the same time.

I have tried all possible combinations of sensors on both PL-LY cables (eg 2 float, 2 optical, 1 float and 1 optical, 1 float and 1 leak detect etc) but the problem persists. If I only plug one sensor of any type into the purple port and one sensor of any type in the green port, everything seems to work fine.

Any help in resolving this would be appreciated.

NB: The P4 arrived with firmware 7.07. After encountering the problem I updated it to 7.08 but the problem remains. I am also using Control Centre 1.1.0.0.

Thanks,
    Stephen.
    Last edited by OzFisho; 07.11.2017 at 07:17.

Stephen,

What are you actually trying to do with these 4 sensors? Let's start there.

My goal for the sensors and Switch Channels is as follows:

1- ATO (single sensor). Action: engage pump as required.

2- High water alert, in case the ATO or something else overfills the sump. Action: trigger alarm, disable ATO and send email alert.

3- High water alert in AWC container. Action: trigger alarm, disable skimmer and send email alert.

4- Leak detection. Action: trigger alarm, disable skimmer and send email alert.

Thanks, Stephen.

First connect two sensors to the first PL-LY splitter, then connect it to the Level 1/2 port on your P4. Once you do that, identify which sensor is Sensor1 and Sensor2 by going to the LEVEL settings page and looking at the Settings and states level-sensor at the bottom of the page. As you trigger each sensor, an (X) will appear and disappear in the State (direct) column.

With Sensor1 identified, select an unused control circuit and set it to AUTO TOP OFF. Make sure to select Sensor1 as the sensor being used for this function. Specify the max on-time for this function. This is a failsafe feature which will shut down the function and assigned outlet in case the sensor or socket does not react within the allowed max time.

For sensor 2, select an unused control circuit and set the operation mode to LEAKAGE DETECTION. Make sure to select Sensor2 as the sensor being used for this function.

Identify sensor 3 and 4 when they are connected to the second PL-LY on the Level 3/4 port. Sensor 3 and 4 should also be set to LEAKAGE DETECTION.

We have a video which shows you how to setup a 1-sensor ATO function here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNpl...eNOkcebAh-iCL8

Thanks for your reply Vinny. I have however been through the GHL Youtube videos prior to starting this thread but it did not resolve the problem.

Following your advice:

"First connect two sensors to the first PL-LY splitter, then connect it to the Level 1/2 port on your P4. Once you do that, identify which sensor is Sensor1 and Sensor2 by going to the LEVEL settings page and looking at the Settings and states level-sensor at the bottom of the page. As you trigger each sensor, an (X) will appear and disappear in the State (direct) column"

- when I connect two float sensors to the purple port via the PL-LY, if EITHER OR BOTH sensors are in the 'down' position Sensor 1 displays "-".
    - only if BOTH sensors are in the 'up' position sensor 1 displays "X".
    - sensor 2 displays as "X" at all times regardless of which position the sensors are at.

I have attached four images showing the position of the float sensors and the 'Settings and states level-sensor' screen confirming this.

I get the same result using the other PL-LY and / or the optical sensors too.

Continuing on with your suggestion:

"With Sensor1 identified, select an unused control circuit and set it to AUTO TOP OFF. Make sure to select Sensor1 as the sensor being used for this function. Specify the max on-time for this function. This is a failsafe feature which will shut down the function and assigned outlet in case the sensor or socket does not react within the allowed max time. For sensor 2, select an unused control circuit and set the operation mode to LEAKAGE DETECTION. Make sure to select Sensor2 as the sensor being used for this function."

having set it up as per your instruction, the ATO function (linked to Switch circuit 1) activates when EITHER of the float switches is triggered.

Thanks again,
    Stephen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OzFisho; 07.11.2017 at 23:32.

Vinny (or anyone else from GHL ) - do you have any idea why my Profilux 4 is not recognising and attributing the level sensors correctly?

Is it a firmware problem, or port problem, or cable manufacturing error?

What can I do to resolve the problem as I need to use the controller asap?
    Last edited by OzFisho; 09.11.2017 at 22:37.

Tagging along here as I have the exact same issue.

Also to note I have tested this with Flow Sensors aswell, the P4 only see's 1 sensor when connect the Y-Cable.

Are you selecting the correct sensor number to assign to each Control Circuit?

Please post a screenshot of your LEVEL settings.

Hi

allow us a few days to have a deeper look into this.

Will come back to this topic ASAP.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Here it is with the Flow Sensors plugged directly to Port 1 & 3

FlowSensor1and3.JPG

Here it is with the Flow Sensors plugged into a Y Cable on Port 3[Green]

FlowSensorYon3.JPG

Here it is with the Flow Sensors plugged into a Y Cable on Port 1[Purple]

FlowSensorYon1.JPG

I also have the same results as the OP with the float switches.