Thread: Any suggestion on light schedule

Default Any suggestion on light schedule

I have been trying to play around with the 3x mitras LX7, but the time is ready to stop playing and start doing the right thing. I did some PAR measurements with my first schedule (mitras locked to 50%), but it did show my eyes vs real life was horrible.

So I changed to schedule to be simpler - slow start, then same the whole day, and down in the evening.

My livestock is mixed reef with LPS focus.

I added the new schedule with this post, to do this I put on acclimitasion from 40 - 80 % (with 80% max). I have not used any other functions as weather or seasonal, clouds etc.

Any thoughts? When this schedule is done with its cycle I get around 190PAR at the red alpha century zoantids on the right.

Added a gallery here with the pictures of the schedules etc: https://saltvannsforum.no/gallery/album/5-lys/

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 11.49.45.jpgScreen Shot 2017-10-09 at 11.50.11.jpg20171008_195105.jpg
    Last edited by alekslyse; 09.10.2017 at 11:33.

Nice tank! I really like the open-layout you have there.

Your schedule and spectrum looks good to me. Since the bluer-end of the spectrum is most desired for coral, you're hitting on that end already. If you want you can increase the HV, RB, and B channels to 100% as this hits the spectrum corals like most. From a personal standpoint, your white channels are a bit high. Running the 6500K White channel at 81% is a bit overkill in my opinion unless you prefer a whiter overall look for the tank. It comes down to personal preference.

It's a good idea to have used the Acclimation feature as these percentages of light output would take some getting use to by the coral. If you haven't done so already, go to the ENERGY OPTIONS and set the fixture to 100% HO, 60°C max temp, and 100% fan speed. This will give you more PAR and allow you to turn down the BRIGHTNESS for 13:00 and 19:00 to around 60% without sacrificing color. Don't forget about the POWER BALANCING feature either. If you need to give a bit more power to a certain channel, you can always transfer over up to 30% of unused power to any channel that needs it.